Netflix with surfshark

hello. just switched to surfshark and every day Neflix will not let me run it. I do not want to change servers everyday or temporarily pause surfshark is there a way around this ? Never had a problem with ip vanish . Thanks

I’ve never let Netflix run through VPN on any of our boxes. It’s on bypass

1 Like

Yep, agree with @Streaming429 , just bypass it. In the SS software, turn the Bypass on and click Netflix as the app to split tunnel.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info !!

2 Likes

Thanks , didnt know i could do that

1 Like

I have SS set up on all of our boxes to run chosen apps through VPN so apps Netflix, Paramount+, Hulu, Disney+ are excluded from list. Good luck and check back to let us know it’s working ok for you

I also have Plex bypassed for my media server, as I don’t see a reason to run that from my network, to an external VPN server two states over and then back to my network lol.

Nteflix added this new thing where if you use a VPN they re service wont work. Havent tried the bypass option yet btw.

Doesn’t surprise me one bit. I’m going to add it later and see what I get just to test it. Lol

1 Like

I just added Netflix to run through SS and it played with no issue. Maybe just lucky?

No, not lucky, just right. Netflix through split tunneling, with a Netflix account is the way to go.

I have my SS set to run my certain apps through it like my TV Service. When I added Netflix a bit ago and ran through the VPN it worked just fine

Yup. You don’t need to worry about anyone knowing you are streaming from netflix. So don’t need to run it through the VPN. You may find this odd but I’ve never gone to Netflix except when a site posts a vid. No account, nothing. Same with youtube. :laughing:

I tried the bypass and it is working fine now, Thanks !!

2 Likes

I think most of the paid apps have vpn detection software so have to tunnel. Prime tells you to turn vpn off. As I’m sure the other one’s do.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’m finding that Netflix is slowly blacklisting SS server locations, at least chunks of IP addresses within each server.

While user some servers drops a Netflix proxy error during playback, other locations used ends up getting poor playback performance (fluctuating resolution or very long load percentage times).

Switching location servers or disabling vpn will return Netflix performance back to normal.

To clarify, I use vpn to stream Netflix from international servers to open up difference Netflix catalogs.

1 Like

Last time I checked I found 22 other countries where I could access their Netfilx library with SS.

I can still access with most international servers also, however, it’s no longer as performance transparent anymore.

While some servers still work seamlessly, others are suffer from resolution throttling. A few just error out after several mins of watching.

1 Like