Netflix Background problem

It seems that the background app will not close netflix app. In the background screen and netflix is there I cannot just pick and close netflix. I need to pick on then netflix app in the background and use the 2 double arrows on the left side of my controller to clear the cache and confirm and then I can close netflix. All the other apps I can just pick on them and close them.

Are you using the exit function within Netflix, or just hitting the remotes “back” button? I used to see this on my .onn box when “backing” out of it, or hitting the home button. As soon as I used the actual Netflix exit (bottom right from the home screen) it stopped.

No I exit out properly

I messed around it and found I had to clear the cash in the background using the double arrows on the left side. It just started this nonsense. All the rest of te apps I can scroll down and pick force stop and clear cashe but on netflix I need to use the double arrow and then it will close.
Never had to before.

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate any advice I get in here.

Thanks for sharing your solution. It helps everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Just recently I noticed that I cannot close Netflix when using the app called background and lists. I am able to close and clear other apps but not Netflix. I also tried using firestick app to close but no change. Tried to uninstall/reinstall Netflix and the background list app and reboot the firestick andno change. So was wondering if anyone was experiencing something similar with Netflix not closing. Thanks