Need to download/install/reconnect to Surshark VPN on new laptop. Any help appreciated

Hello,

I am a Surshark VPN subscriber with a valid account.

My old laptop died, and I need to download, install and reconnect to Surfshark on my new laptop.

I’m signed in, but not certain how to do this. Surshark recognizes my account, says I’m not protected, and the only option appears to be downloading the application to my phone, which I’m not interested in.

Any help at all with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

2 ways to log in on cpu…with email and password or if you have app installed on something else and logged in ie phone you can log in with a code and then delete app off phone if not wanted

1 Like

Download the app to your new laptop. Then if you already have the SS app installed on any other device such as your streaming device, phone, other PC, or tablet. Then just open the app and go to your account and enter in the code that will be displayed.

2 Likes

I have addons in my Firefox/Chrome browsers for my SS VPN…super duper easy. Other browsers may also have the addons…not sure :thinking:

1 Like

Okay, here’s the deal. I logged into the Surfshark VPN application on my phone. I am presently connected (through my Google/Gmail).

However, when attempting to install the application on my new LAPTOP, Microsoft won’t allow me to do so. “For security and performance, Windows 10 in S mode runs Microsoft-verified app. To get this app, you’ll need to swith out of S mode.”

I have already updated the laptop to Windows 11, however. I don’t even think I have S Mode on the new machine.

There are no more updates available at present.

What can I do?

Again, any assistance greatly appreciated,

M.

Why are you in “Safe Mode”?

Restart your laptop and open your browser and go here: The Best Surfshark Deal - Get The Biggest VPN Discount
Then scroll all the way down to the bottom and choose Windows.

Download a VPN for your Windows PC and laptop - Surfshark

Contact Surfshark support and they will send you the download link and step by step guide for installation hope this helps.

I am not starting in safe mode. Nor am I starting in S mode, which may be the same thing. I’ve been so busy, I’ve been unable to look that up but I will.

The problem is, as noted above, Microsoft Windows assumes I have Windows 10, although as soon as I got the new machine, I updated to Windows 11. I’m completely up to date.

Even so, Microsoft Windows will not allow me to download the surfshark VPN application, because it thinks I have Windows 10, and that I am somehow starting in safe mode / s mode.

So, it’s a catch-22.

The surf shark VPN application on my fire stick runs just fine. Also, I downloaded the application to my phone, and I’m connected to it as I write (from my phone, in this case).

So, I have to do more investigating about what s mode is, and what I can do to get around this issue.

Again, thank you for responding. If anyone has any information, or insight, it would be greatly appreciated,

M.

I think you got the wrong update. You definately do not want win 11S.

Windows 11 in S mode is a version of Windows 11 that’s streamlined for security and performance, while providing a familiar Windows experience. To increase security, it allows only apps from Microsoft Store, and requires Microsoft Edge for safe browsing.

Here is the link you need with instruction on how to turn S-Mode off.

1 Like

Wow, I never heard of that s mode. After reading the info about it, who would ever want it?

|### Mark Gerard Mantho|9:31 PM (0 minutes ago)||

|
| — | — | — |
|to Miki

|

Hello again, Miki.

Thank you for responding.

I will try this, and in the meantime, will check this particular Dell Inspiron model specs.

Take care and thank you, once again, for your help,

M.

How do I ascertain if I’m actually in S mode right now?

Miki,

Specs,

Amazon.com: Dell Inspiron 15 3000 (3593) Laptop Computer - 15.6 inch HD Anti-Glare Display (Intel Core 11th Gen i5-1035G1, 8GB, 256GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD, Camera) Windows 10 Home : Electronics

I never had S Mode, to my knowledge. Though perhaps you’re correct. Maybe I selected the wrong update.

Thank you for your help,

M.

Miki,

Thank you yet again for your assistance.

You solved my problem.

I greatly appreciate your help,

M.

1 Like

easiest fix is to wipe the computer clean of all that microsoft malware and install a fresh copy of linuxmint and never look back :nerd_face:…jus’ sayin’

If you don’t already have this installed on your computer. This is a very useful app to have. I have a Inspiron 17 7706 2-in-1 and I use this app quite a bit. In fact, I had a faulty touchpad and contacted Dell via this app. After doing a few fixes with the tech online. They advised that a replacement touchpad was in order. Since my laptop was still under their one-year warranty. They actually sent out a tech to my home and he replaced the touchpad right then and there on my kitchen table!

Besides, the app offers an easy way to update and scan your laptop.

SupportAssist for Home PCs | Dell USA

Seems the info I linked helped resolve their issue. Tx for letting me know.

At least for the moment, it did.

Thank you for all of your help Miki,

M. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.