Need a VPN that doesn't kill my speed

Live in East Bay of northern CA. Just upgraded my internet service and dload speed in 600 Gbps+. When I enable my VPN (Private Internet Access), it kills my speed to 80 Gbps or less…and I’m only setting it for servers that are in Silicon Valley ( a short jaunt away). PIA was completely unhelpful and won’t let me out of my 1 year contract. Any suggestions for a VPN that doesn’t kill my speed? Tried Nord and it did the same.

Please do some research… you need to try different protocols and understand vpns will always down your speed. Dont switch untill you have understood this and did some testing.

1 Like

I’m not a ‘power user’, but ProtonVPN doesn’t usually decrease my speeds at all…depending on the server. They have a free service which I use frequently because IPVanish does decrease speed regardless of server, location or protocol.

Try multiple locations, not just nearest to you. I would also try New York, crazy as it sounds, maybe some other major locations in surrounding states. What protocol(s) does Private IA use?

Proton has speedup coding built in. But that aside, speeds of 30-35Mbps down are good enough for most streaming. Only gamers might need more speed than that.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.