Need A Decent Weather App

I’m looking for a good weather app to replace YoWindow weather app. YoWindow is a great app up until they hitched their wagon to the Google Play Store. Now you have to have the Play Store enabled to be able to use their app. Unfortunately, I remapped my Netflix button to Surfshark and needed to disable the Play Store so that Netflix wouldn’t interfere with the Button Mapper.

If I don’t disable the Play Store then both Netflix and Surfshark will conflict with each other, because even if you uninstall Netflix the Netflix button will then default to the Play Store so you can install Netflix. So, the remedy was to uninstall Netflix and disable the Play Store. But now YoWindow requires the play Store be enabled and that creates issues I don’t wish to be bothered with.

Anyway, what is a good weather app that you use?

4 Likes

I use my radar, not really sure if you can get it without the playstore.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Can you download that app with apkpure or something and avoid the playstore entirely?

I don’t have a problem downloading from the play store. I just want the option to disable it when I want.

I am instally my radar now to take a look. Thanks,

3 Likes

Probably, but I did contact them and detailed the issue. It seems to run their app is now connected to the Play Store.

This is the reply they sent me.

I pay for premium but its not required. I use it on my phone and tablets. Has some cool widgets and has a follow me feature, great for driving and has alerts for where you are at any time. I have a ugoos x3 box attached to a 10 inch monitor that runs my radar 24/7 with voice enabled and I get audible alerts. Also running is scanner radio that is a police scanner with audible alerts…and I added the mlb app yesterday for audible baseball alerts :joy:… Yes information overload :crazy_face:

1 Like

I don’t see it in the Play Store and I can’t find their download page on the net

1 Like

Idk about streaming devices, but Weather Underground has never disappointed me on my phone.

Here is what my search found. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Yeah, I found it on my phone play and would install it and send it to my device, but they want $10 bucks to try. I’m certain I most likely could get a refund if I didn’t like it, but I’ll think about it. Thanks

1 Like

Weren’t they a 70’s terrorist group who blew up the Capitol and never served time for that and went on to become best buds with a former president and were profs at a prominent west coast university?

Why on earth would an app want to be named after a terrorist org? geesh!

1 Like

Here’s the one I’ve been using for a while. Don’t know where I got it from but I’ll leave an active 24hr link if anyone wants to try it. Makes a great customizable widget too.

3 Likes

Don’t know. But they offer a great product and it’s free. I’m not giving them any money.

2 Likes

wow, @PapaS is moving up and now with proton drive…what next? A full blown server :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve been using Radar Scope for years on my phone. Great app with so many options

1 Like

Tried to download using TVBro and Downloader, both would look like they downloaded but would not install. Neither did they show up in any folder in X-plore.

2 Likes

I probably did something wrong, when I click on it, it brings me here?

Just checked and it does let me download it.

Yep, that’s what I was seeing.

I am trying to install it on my Nvidia device. Your screen shot looks like from a phone. I will try to download it to my phone or tablet and if successful will attempt to send it to my device.

No go the download looked like it was doing its thing but still failed to install on my phone.

Now I understand what you meant. Going through a 3rd party does indeed circumvent the Play Store mandate. The only real difference I have found is that there are as many weather services to choose from, but the couple they have is good enough.

Thanks!

Untitled video