MyTVonline3 -VS- Tivimate

Just my observation after a week of testing and switching back and forth,

I like them both :roll_eyes: I will say that I still default to Tivimate and that’s most likely just because I know myself around the app and can do most things blindfolded :rofl:…jus’ kiddin’ only Miki can do that. :nerd_face:

Ive been using the Z11 pro max bt on a 75 inch tv and also switching back and forth between the z11 and the google tv setup on the tv and I must say im equally impressed with the way the google tv integrates everything…and honestly I never thought id say that. The googleTV takes all the free streaming channels(a bunch) my antenna channels and my philo channels and combines them. All I need to do is set favorites and it becomes a One stop shop. :+1:
Only downside here is no recording capabilities.

All in all the MyTVonline app will get better as I learn it. My only gripe is it does not incorporate and lan/ota (hdhomerun) channels. And I do like the bt remote that Troy loves however the directional key in the middle is a little too small and I often hit the wrong command.

6 Likes

:man_with_probing_cane: I stumble my way through TiViMate settings, and click whatever I stumble into. Somehow it works . Lol. :dark_sunglasses:
I do have a question for you @TXRon , well maybe a couple. Do you find the quality of play using Tivi V MTOL is any different? Do you find one runs smoother than the other in say transition between pages/functions/settings? And lastly do you find any difference between stream stability/handling?

2 Likes

no difference at all in playability. My testing has been done where im moving to. There currently I only have a 300mb connection mostly to run security cameras until I get moved in. And ive seen no buffer using surfshark (app) on the z11 promax. Both mtol3 and TM perform great. My only issue is not a big issue and thats just a lack of knowledge with navigating mtvol3. Time will fix that. I’m very impressed with the Z11 but I must say I have installed Projectivy launcher to tame it down and show only what I want. On the google tv ive left it alone as I seem to like how everything comes together. So ive got a simple yet robust setup.

3 Likes

Thanks for your info and opinion @TXRon . I’ve been wavering on spending money for the Z11 Pro Max due to the price here in Canada. With the BT1 remote and taxes it’s $311.00, but if the MTVOL works as well as some say then my Shield Pro is getting long in the tooth and without any new tech I’m thinking about a replacement/backup. Always appreciate your honest device opinions and input. Have a wonderful day. BTW it took me literally weeks to resolve my Tivimate recording to an external SSD issue on the Shield Pro, and turns out the two USB ports on the shield are not created equal, I moved the SSD USB plug to the port next to the HDMI port and problem solved. Go figure.

2 Likes

imho I would stick with the shield and tivimate but if looking to splurge the z11 is a great box and mtvol3 is nice. But remember Buzztv has a new box out soon worth looking into.

yep, lets hope its amlogic. I cant find anywhere stating that other than its dual core and cant help wonder why not quad core on a box like that. We shall see.

2 Likes

Dammit. Now I want one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

sounds good, so its a rockchip 3588 which is a beast. I have 2 boxes with that, The StationPC and a H96MAX but neither carry any certs. So the next question…Has Buzztv managed to squeeze any certifications(4k) etc out of that chip?

Hmm I didn’t look for certs. I’ll do some more digging.

look for widevine L1, if its got that it would be a super beast :cold_face:

No mention of Widevine, just AVI

1 Like

My journey with IPTV started with Smart IPTV on my Samsung tv, switched to cheap streaming boxes as IPTV needed a better app and went with IPTV smarters.

Found Formuler Z7+5G and MYTOnline app - best app at that time, easy for my elderly parents to use

Upgraded to Z8 pro and MYTVOnline 2 - still use it today as it has been setup for their needs, base OS is android 7 but no problems streaming.

Have setup Z10 pro which has MYTVOnline 2, better specs, android 10, faster in use than Z8 pro.
Also setup Z11 pro and Z11 pro max, MYTVOnline 3 - max has better specs but for most users, the cheaper Z11pro is fine. This app is a big improvement over MYTVOnline 2.

Setup a few Fire sticks with Tivimate for friend to use when he is not at home.

No mention of Widevine, just AVI

Has both -

I agree the Z11 ProMax is a full blown system , loaded with all the certs. Throttlejockey was talking about the soon to be Buzztv box that myself and Miki were talking about earlier in this thread.

1 Like

No, although Z11 pro has DRM Widevine, Netflix does not allow their app on these devices.

New TV should have official Netflix, so that never should be an issue,
My reason for sticking with Formuler devices is MYTVOnline app

1 Like

Will test next time I setup Z11 box and MYTVOnline 3

I used this setting up my Z8 pro. I haven’t upgraded to Z11 as parents are used to this box.

MYTVOnline2 : LiveTV - Favorite Channel Manager (Basics)

I’m very impressed with the Z11 promax, so much in fact it will sit with my new TV in my living room. I will use it in conjunction with the tvs google tv setup which I also am impressed with how it incorporates all the channels into one list and then narrows that down with favorites. The formuler will be my main use for iptv and most movies.

1 Like

I guess if Formuler makes a GTV box with MYTVOnline 3 that maybe the ultimate as it would be Google TV os certified