My Nvidia Shield TV Pro Locks Up During IPTV Streaming?

Thanks!…
I’m not sure if that’s the case? I have used the same IPTV Service for a couple of years now and run it through the Tivimate IPTV Player (The Best IMO) but this issue is just recent. They do have a good Customer Service Dep’t though and I will ask directly.

I’m confused by the “locking up” part. Is the entire system locking up where you can’t do anything with any apps until you restart, or is this isolated to the IPTV stream/Tivimate? (aka buffering)

Have you run virus total or some other virus scanning app? I just about a week ago experience really strange behavior and narrowed down to a virus ridden malicious FileLinked app I had installed. I ran a bunch of virus scanners and they all came up with a DOZEN malicious crap. Uninstalled that and haven’t experienced the weird stuff again…so far, :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I keep my system cleaned regularly but haven’t tried the particular Virus Screen APK. Thanks! I guess it couldn’t hurt! :v:t3: :sunglasses:

Yeah I get some buffering and when it locks I’m watching IPTV via the TiviMate Player. I haven’t noticed it on any other APK I use such a NetFlix, Prime etc.
TiviMate is a great Player so if there is something in it’s ‘Settings’ I missed I’m game for suggestions!
Thanks!
Peter

If this is primarily happening while on Tivimate. Then first make a backup and the do an uninstall/reinstall.

2 Likes

Yikes!!…
Knowing how much work goes into setting it all up should the backup fails gives me the willies!!… Something to consider though?…
Thanks!!…

I have never had a problem with a backup and reinstalling. Sometimes apps can get a bit wonky and reinstalling is usually the recommended approach.

2 Likes

Nvidia Shield support number

2 Likes

I’ve never had a problem with a Tivimate backup either…& I do them once or twice a month over 2 devices. What PF suggested is a good idea…but I’ve never seen the Tivimate player as being the culprit with buffering issues…ever. If you’re not using a VPN :grimacing: & your system is tight, yet you still get buffering freeze…personally, I’d focus on my IPTV service. Another thing you can try is to put a free playlist in & see if the problem persists…I currently use a PlexTV M3U8 playlist for trial purposes…a number of different ones can be found here Updated 1/28/2022: Adding Pluto TV and other URL's to Tivimate thanks to Powerfader. :+1: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I am with everyone else. Most of the IPTV issues we will ever run into are on the supplier’s side. We potentially have issues and blame the problem on everything else but them, but they likely can help. I wouldn’t call Nvidia and tell them you are using unverified IPTV, either, but that’s just me. The no VPN could be causing a throttling issue too, that is a very real possibility. You should not be streaming unverified IPTV without using a VPN.

2 Likes

I had the same problem with the last version of TiviNate. v4.6.7 I think it was. At random times TiviMate would play the current channel. You couldn’t change channels and none of the remote buttons would work. While the TV show would continue to play you couldn’t do anything else. Only way to stop it was to unplug the Shield and plug it back in. Used to happen a few times a week.

Since the upgrade to 4.7 I haven’t had the problem.

3 Likes

Hi!…
Thanks! I backed up the data, uninstalled and then reinstalled TiviMate from the PlayStore on my Shield. After restoring the data from the backup I still have the same problem and am just now watching from the OTT Navigator Player but still can’t get the EPG to load? I haven’t yet checked the version of TiviMate that I downloaded from The PlayStore I assumed it would be the most current. Did you have to Google Search for Version 4.7?
Thanks again!
Peter

Have you contacted your IPTV service support yet? Invested in a VPN?

1 Like

Hey Powerfader!
Well I took your suggestion of backing up the TiviMate Data and uninstalling it. I may have had an older version but forgot to make note of it.
I reinstalled it from the PlayStore as through checking around I learned it is the latest version and restored the backup. At first it didn’t work right but I soon got a pop up alert from the Nvidia system prompting me to turn on
‘Display over other apps’ in settings, which I did.
Once I opened TiviMate again all the EPG Data loaded properly and it seems to have gotten rid of my buffering issues for the most part! An odd side effect of this is that for the first time the EPG also appeared in the OTT Navigator Player I also use as a test APK? Coincidence??
At any rate I will have to use this a while before I can confirm that it also solved the issue with the system temporarily locking up!
Thanks for the help!…
Peter

1 Like

Thanks for the info!…
I seem to have gotten a handle on it by uninstalling (after a backup) then installing the latest version of TiviMate 7.0 from the PlayStore then enabling
‘Display over other apps’ in settings once the ‘Restore Backup’ was done.
Everything seems to be working a bit better.
I’ll be sure to jot down that number down for my contact info should the ‘Locking’ issue return!…
Peter

1 Like

Maybe try another player. Smarters Pro works great. I’ve used this one for a while no issues. But some providers trying to satisfy too many customers can be an issue on their side with server overload on a pay per view night for example. Just a thought.

Thanks but,
I’ve used that player many times and find the TiviMate with the Premium Settings far superior in many ways.
So much easier to navigate and set up!
I reinstalled the newest version and enabled ‘Display over other apps’ and it seems to be working again!..
Cheers!!..

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.