My Fire TV does not appear in Fire TV Settings

On Fire TVs the settings option does not include MY FIRE TV like it does on Firestick settings. How then do you jailbreak Fire TV when you cannot access the developer options allowing outside sources?

1 Like

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Its discussed here, trust me you can do it on firetv. Try using our search. Welcome to the community, thanks for being a patron.

Did not see any reference in the link provided. I thought the advantage of becoming a patron was to be able to get specific answers to specific questions…perhaps I misunderstood. Regardless, I have no way of jailbreaking fire tv (not the Firestick) because I have no way of changing developer options because MY FIRE TV appears nowhere in the fire tv settings.

But this question has been answered already for the firetv and not the stick. We appreciate you being a patron but trust me the answer is there.

Hey @phtmbmike, lemme see if I can help. Is there a “Device & Software” listed when you’re in Settings? If so, take a look there.

5 Likes

And you should see something resembling this

You can then follow the instructions to reveal developer options

1 Like

Thank you for the Response

Yes however the Developer option is not listed. The listed options after hitting Device & Software are: About: Fire TV, Storage, Network, Check for Updates

Attached are two images which show you what I’m looking at. And obviously without being able to enable Developer Options the FIRE TV can not be jailbroken.

I have attached the images as two pdfs showing you the choices I have under Settings and Device Software option.

Michael

FireTV Settings

I believe if you click on “about” 7 times it should appear.

3 Likes

You’re in the right screen on a Fire TV set.

Once in the About screen, Click on the “Your TV” seven consecutive times. Dont click and go elsewhere-- seven consecutive times.

You should see a banner on the screen roughly on the third consecutive click indicating how many clicks away you are from being a developer.

Then, after you see the confirmation banner, back out of the “Your TV” screen (back to the " Devices and Software" screen)

3 Likes

Welcome!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.