Multi remotes firestick

Hi everyone hoping somebody can help, since the new Fire stick update all my remote stopped working after hours on the telephone and putting in and out batteries and rebooting fire stick 25,000 times I was informed that you can no longer use multiple remotes on one TV with your fire stick, Troy is this true is there a way around this I have to use Alexa in order to control the volume now which is a pain, because then you have to set the volume to 3.4.5 points Etc I looked in there and it shows that you can have up to seven remotes however according to Amazon you can only use one remote now per television hoping you can find a workaround please advise have a happy New Year everyone

I never heard of such, but wouldnt be surprised :roll_eyes:. You could use a 3rd party remote

I’m an old lady here LOL thanks to Troy I learned cord cutting 3 years ago not sure how to do that all I know is I’m going crazy there’s got to be a workaround

I have many customers that I set up multiple remotes on one firestick. Most because they lose them in the couch or bed, although one it’s because his dog steals it and hides it. :joy: I’ll see if I can find you some simple instructions. I should ask first though. Is this on the new 2023 sticks or the older 4K ones? The following link is from Amazon themselves and just gives basic straightforward instructions and this is how I do it and it’s right from the Amazon instructions so give it a try see what happens.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G56RUV6X2KGHMSWS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SP87358XT6KWDM

Howdy my friend old 4k firestick, 4 k remote old version its showing in settings but they will allow volume. Remote works fine both. Amazon said ugh. That update you can only use one remote hence no volume control sooooo havd to use blabbermouth aka alexa. Who then changes the channel lol. O.g. many thanks.

I’ve just replaced my 3rd gen multi button remote with the older TV-only remote (you need to have two remotes connected at the same time to do that). I think you were told wrong (there’s a surprise).