Mullvad VPN hit with warrant

Mullvad VPN was hit with a warrant to seize data

5 Likes

The way it should be :+1:

2 Likes

Bingo! Hit the nail on the head. They must have been looking for something of great importance and not just for your typical user

Did you ever wonder if stories like these are actually spread around by the VPN companies themselves to serve as advertising, regarding their “your data is super safe with us because we have a no logging policy”?

This vpn service just might something to look into. The article is a great advertisement for them.

2 Likes

Mullvad is a good vpn service and the 1st to my knowledge to use wireguard…a little on the expensive side tho…or at least they were.

1 Like

Exactly.

1. It’s free publicity. Bigtime free.
  2. Story was reported by the VPN company themselves. (according to the articles I read)
  3. It paints them in a very good light, thus drumming up confidence and sales of their service.

Not saying they aren’t good or even great, and this story isn’t true, just food for thought.

1 Like

$5/mo. I’ve been tinkering with it a bit and streaming isn’t a high point of it

2 Likes

It does run Wireguard Android TV OS, has split tunneling but no kill switch. I’ve been testing Torguard as well and I have to give it to them. Runs flawless, split tunnel and a “persistent tunnel” feature(kill switch)

I agree 100%. This is kind of like the “Holy Grail”. I just turned off Torguard which has been running fantastic and turned on Mullvad. We shall see. I did have some serious buffering issues with Mullvad in the past but now I really want to run it. Wish it had a kill switch

1 Like

I’ve just taken a look and it’s the only VPN I know of that charge a flat $5 fee no matter if you pay monthly or yearly. I’m interested to see if troypoint will give it a review.

1 Like

Mullvad does have a kill switch. I’ve been running it for a while. And they also just came out with
a browser developed in a collaboration between Mullvad VPN and the Tor Project.

2 Likes

I would love to see @TROYPOINT do a review on Mullvad. I’ve run it some and works good. I noticed I had to use a close server

1 Like