Movie2K Operator Transfers $2 Billion in Bitcoin to Authorities

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/movie2k-operator-transfers-2-billion-to-authorities/

The former operator of the popular streaming portal Movie2K has made headlines by transferring a staggering $2 billion worth of bitcoin to law enforcement authorities. This landmark event marks a significant turning point in the ongoing investigation into Movie2K’s illicit activities. Movie2K gained widespread notoriety for its role as a major player in the world…

So I take it Bitcoin is not anonymous like everybody thinks it is.

1 Like

Bitcoin is anonymous, the website owner “voluntarily” transferred them to the authorities’ wallet.

1 Like

voluntarily i think maybe some pressure applied prison or give

wonder how all those movie and tv companies will divvy up all those virtual bitcoins

ime sure they will pass this windfall on to there customers :rofl:

riiiiiiigggggghhhhhtttttt lol

OMG. That’s a few tractor trailers full of donuts.

1 Like

free popcorn for movie goers for life

1 Like

Exec’s getting bonuses

1 Like

Show me some love and send some Bitcoin here!!!

If the story is correct that these 50,000 coins were all acquired in 2013, then at that time they’d have been worth less than $1 million. Very very smart of these two “males” to have purchased the Bitcoin then. If this is the total confiscated today, how many other coins did they spend over the past 10 years that were never confiscated??

1 Like

I’m not familiar with Movie2K but I’m assuming it was an IPTV service charging its users. 50K Bitcoins represents a lot of subscribers and a whole lot of potential exposure.