Missing VPN icon

Good afternoon all, I have searched for info on this but cannot find an answer. I have a xaiomi tablet and my vpn icon in the upper right corner has suddenly disappeared. I have searched the settings and do not see the option to put it back up. Any help is appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

1 Like

Which vpn? Also, you can download the Monitor or Safty Dot from the TP Toolbox

I’m sorry I use proton VPN and I tried to use downloader to install monitor Dot and for some reason it won’t let me even though I have enabled permission to install unknown apps for downloader. I have always on on the VPN settings and it seems to come on when I start the tablet but I want the reassurance of that little icon.

Turn off your vpn and try downloading it again, I did check my tablet for an indicator icon and both my Express and SS icon do appear. I checked on my Fire HD 10 tablet.

I don’t know much about Proton, but @Miki does.

Thank you I will try that right now.

My Proton displays an icon on my top bar with a checkmark in a circle indicating it’s on and active

I tried turning the VPN off and it still won’t download. My tablet did an update from Android 14 to hyper os and I think that might be part of the problem. It says the app is not compatible with the system on the tablet. Then it tells me something in Chinese. I think I may factory reset the whole thing.

Thanks guys for all your help you I think I’m just gonna factory reset it and start all over.

WTH is hyper OS never even heard of that one. I take it it’s brand new.

Yes it is xiaomi’s new os. You really should check out their tablets and phones. The specs are great and the price is good I really like my tablet. I think I just messed something up in the settings. I Have the pad six Pro. They don’t have amoled screens but the screen is good as Samsung In my opinion.

1 Like

Morning @Tippy,

Can you send me a screenshot of the box? Goggle search render a brunch of different tablets. I want to make sure I’m check out the one you are talking about.

I’m at work right now but it is a Xiaomi Pad6 pro. I did a ton of research on these and other less known brands . It opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

I know for the Android system you need to enable the “always on” option for the Icon to show.

Go to the Settings app on your Android device.
Tap on the “Network & Internet” option.
Tap on the “VPN” option.
Select the VPN app that you want, in this case Proton
Click the gear icon
Enable Always on

Got it thanks, you purchased yours from Ali Express?

Yes and it is secure.

I tried that and it did not help so I just reset the tablet. I think I messed up something in the settings. Once again I thought I knew what I was doing till things went wrong!

That line encapsulates my life! :rofl: