Merlin firmware 388 out today

For those who use asus routers, a new firmware has landed and it adds wireguard and WOW oh WOW :rofl: :alien:… I tested my NY connection on opvn before swapping had 140-150 speeds…switched to wireguard and I was bouncing all over 500… seriously I couldnt believe it. That test was on my pc. I will jump over to the shield later for a ride :grimacing:

2 Likes

I bought a router a few days ago after much research and thought thanks to everyone here. I did have it on OpenVPN but tried wireguard when I was bored. BIG difference. I did notice I had to manually set dns to my VPNs because it was leaking. That only happened to me with wireguard, but it was totally worth the extra tweaking.

2 Likes

Just swapped my Shield over to wireguard on the Houston server and its throwin’ out 458Mbps .awesome stuff. Im too scared to hook up to the NY server cause im afraid my router might catch on fire :rofl: :+1: :grimacing:

1 Like

Are you a gamer by chance? Not sure if I’m allowed to mention the title but it’s not letting me find a match with the VPN on. Wanted to ask someone else if they had the same issue. So far I found no solution but to use my real ip

1 Like

nope, only WGT online golf when I get bored. Not sure if your game requires real ip to authenticate. Ask other gamers where you play if they use a vpn. I do know a few guys who are gamers and they dont use a vpn because of speed and latency.

Edit…I think @TP-Dracoo is a gamer. Rumor has it he still plays a mean quake :rofl:

1 Like

Head over to the games section and ask your question there, or security section for vpns, and yes you can mention games. (Not how to get them for free, but yes you can mention games)

2 Likes

Wow :partying_face: can’t wait to upgrade my Asus rt-ax86u just have to figure out how to do it :thinking::yum::grin: it’s a wonderful day in the neighborhood :tada::confetti_ball:

1 Like

didnt you set it up the first time?..or just forgot due to old timerz :rofl:

1 Like

Yes I did but don’t you remember I said it wouldn’t update and didn’t want to brick my router and just haven’t had time to play with it because of this damn leg operation and all the insurance crap after the hurricane life is good :grin:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :grin:

The setting are on the opvn page on the router. You will need to go to surfshark and get public and private keys…jump through a few hoops, download the location config file and imput it on the router. Sounds confusing but it took me a few tries to get it right.

edit…settings are on the vpn client page, look to the top and you will see wireguard

1 Like

I set up 3 locations today and will add 2 more later, if you need help I will try and get with you and get you to follow along in private chat or phone. 1st thing is update the firmware before you even see wireguard.

How do you update the firmware

Download this to your desktop >>>Download Asuswrt-Merlin from SourceForge.net

That is the firmware

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out tomorrow when my head is a little more clear just took my evening meds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::woozy_face: feeling a bit floaty if you know what I mean :woozy_face:

Can I pm you tomorrow you gonna be around tomorrow

I should be around. I have to be here to sign for a new phone…geesh you would thjink they are bringing me a new car :joy:

1 Like

Great if I have problem I will check in with you. Have fun with your new phone :clap:

1 Like

Dont know if anyone can pm you, a banned member.

1 Like

Thanks for this info @TXRon Great news!!

2 Likes