Mekotronics New Box

Interesting new box for the enthusiast. Very nice specs. AV1 support.
16g Ram DDR4
Rockchip rk30
64g ROM
External Sata connection
Bluetooth 5.0
2.35ghz CPU
Mali-G610 Graphics
Wifi 6
Android 12

2 Likes

All good but the price :face_with_monocle:. Another rockchip almost fully loaded and might be with a few updates. Nice to see av1 and ai upscaling on a rockchip.

3 Likes

The price is high enough that you wonder why they wouldnt throw a higher end Amlogic in there. What’s an extra $25 lol.

2 Likes

Ive noticed quite a bit more development with rockchip devices than amlogic. Not sure why but in my searches it just appears more are working on rc devices than any other.

3 Likes

Which Amlogic chip would the Rockchip rk30 be equivalent to in your opinion? And will Rockchip take over and be better than Amlogic at some point?

Hard to say really the 905x is pretty much the goto amlogic, the rc 3388 I believe is the latest rc. I know my ugoos ut-8 has a 3368

1 Like

Seems to me, that if you really work em hard (like with heavy duty resource consuming gaming) I’m not sure you’d be able to find a whole lot of difference in performance…as compared to…say memory or gpu speed/quality…at least from my aged senses.

1 Like

I agree, it likely is irrelevant. It is more about bragging rights lol. :joy:

1 Like

Kinda’ like having a Dodge Demon but never taking it out on the open road & putting it thru its paces.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.