Mecool popping sound

How do I eliminate the popping sound on my mecool box whenever I press the select button?

1 Like

Is the sound from the tv or remote?

The tv sound, but only when using the mecool box.

It is very loud too!

Very stange, try swapping out the hdmi cable

It happens when using the keyboard.

I’ve tried switching keyboards and still get the sound when typing or switching between apps!

I don’t have my Mecool installed presently but there should be a setting for the keyboard similar to the following.

1. Go to settings.
  2. Select Language and Input.
  3. At the keyboard settings tab, select configure input methods.
  4. At Android keyboard, select Settings.
  5. Uncheck Sound on keypress.
  6. Done.

I don’t have any of those settings nor do I have an android keyboard option!

Find the settings for what ever keyboard you have. Should be the keyy/click setting in there somewhere. Maybe in the language and input settings.

1 Like

Found it! Turned sound off and no more popping!! Thank you!

4 Likes

Can you please post the route to the specific setting…others with Mecools may have the same problem as you…thnx :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Open settings, select Device Preferences, select sound, and toggle System sounds to the off position. Whenever I make a change, I always reboot the system. I don’t know if this is necessary, but I just always do this. Seems to help wit no adverse issues. Hope this works for you all!

2 Likes

With a simple search, others will now be able to easily remedy any sounds they get with their keyboards. I have a KM6 & when my keyboard was working I now remember that it made some noises…but I used it so little it didn’t bother me. I’ll follow your instructions & do a dry run, in case I need it in the future…thnx :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.