Mecool km6 not so cool

Get a usb connect switched cooling fan to put under your box. It will make a big difference in keeping the processor cool. That in and of itself may help with freeze ups.

1 Like

IMHO the reason for the system and screen freezing was with enabling of HDMI self-adaptation. Now, after disable, everything will be back to normal.

1 Like

“Success”! What did you do to fix (what?) the issue?

Sorry 4 the delay . . I disabled the HDMI self-adaptation.

Hi All
Just a heads up on a Mecool KM6 box it was my own personal one which I was having issues with which were happening late at night when the box was at its hottest .I opened it up and discovered the heat transfer (grey toad as its known in the trade)rubber texture bit was nowhere near the the processor chip on the PCB board. Also the raised centre metal rectangle in the middle of the metal cover which was supposed to connect to it wasn’t. I took out the PCB to see exactly where the processor was and was directly under the raised metal rectangle. I moved the grey toad to the correct spot and now box is working perfectly again.

1 Like

I have a Mecool KM7 Plus and bought some Scotch round felt pads in the smallest size I could find. I doubled them up and put them on each side of the box being careful not to cover up any of the heat ports. It stays cool and I have never had a problem.

Looked at my old post above about freezing of box and putting it on it’s side for better cooling. The problems persisted and was solved when I got a USB cooling fan to stick underneath it. Seems overheating is a weakness for MeCool boxes.

I had a MeCool box a while back with Android 7. 1. Never thought about a cooling fan back then but did notice the lack of cooling vents. Sure enough it froze and cooked the processor after 6 months. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not so “mecool”?