Mecool Km2 question

Hi all!

So I got the km2 about 2 weeks ago and it has a strange issue. Sometimes when I turn it on with the physical on/off button the box makes a low clicking noise/vibration and makes the TV screen flicker/strobe. It’s also happened when pushing the power button on the remote to wake the box up.

I’m wondering if this has happened to anyone else? It’s still within the “return” window and I’m thinking about returning it.

Any ideas/fixes/thoughts?
Thank you!

Hey @Catz I don’t have a km2 but I do have a km6 & I’ve never had that happen on mine. What you’re describing makes me wonder if there’s an intermittent power surge/loose connection causing the noise & screen flicker. Personally, if returning it is easy enough to do…I would definitely consider it…but maybe some others will chime in with other suggestions. GL2U whatever you decide :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I bought a KM2 for a friend of mine and that was about 4 months ago. So far he hasn’t told me of any issues. I always ask him how it’s working and he says great. He’s not a techno type guy so I’m sure if it was making noise he would let me know. Returning it might be an option because it could get worse. Every product ever made has their lemons and this might be the case

2 Likes

My KM2 is in the electronic junk drawer. Hated the lack of multi device control with the remote. Never could get it to control my TV or sound. Contacting manufacturer just got me an “update coming” loop. Never happened.

2 Likes

You tried that KM2 lately Mik…maybe it “evolved” after hanging out in your E-drawer :face_with_peeking_eye:

I have 2 km2’s and never any issues. Try swapping the hdmi cable and check

1 Like

I should haul it back out and see what they’re updates have done. Hmmm :thinking:

Updates…MeCool…my box hasn’t seen one since 2020…sent them a message about it & they directed me to a site with one…but I couldn’t get the page to load. Even so, they said if it ain’t broke…don’t do the update, so I’m guessing they aren’t real proud of its stability, so I think I’ll pass & call it good enough. You may be on to something…maybe yours is hungry for one. Might as well give it a shot…with all the mingling in that drawer…it might now be a hybrid. :eyes:

2 Likes

OMG my electronics having illicit affairs. To funny.

2 Likes

Good point, it may get worse. It happened again tonight… Ugh

I tried this tonight TX… No bueno… It’s going to be returned. Too expensive for me to NOT return it.

1 Like

You all are CRAZY! I love it, thanks for the :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I will be returning it! Now, what to get?? I’ve had two fire sticks and I think that was enough for me! I really like the android OS!

I think you would like the onn box…not the stick tho

1 Like

Wait till tomorrow…you might win an ONN from Troy…if not…buy one @ WallyWorld for $20 & play with it till you decide what you want to get as your big dog box :dog:

4 Likes

I’ve watched Troy’s videos on the onn (plus a million others :smirk_cat:) and last night stumbled on Troy’s video on TiVo 4k. I THOUGHT I had made up my mind for the onn… Ahhh! I’m bummed about the MeCool but I’m moving on! And yes, anxiously waiting for tomorrow’s Onn draw!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.