MeCool heat problem

I have bought 5 MeCool KM3’s. I highly recommend the KM3, but there is a problem that I wonder if anyone else has noticed. If the KM3 is being used with an Ether Net, it runs nice and cool. If it is using WFIF, it can run very hot. I have added short ½ inch legs to the KM3 to allow more air to circulate under it, and that helps a lot. Without the legs, and continued long hours of WIFI use, it is very likely damage would occur.

Has anyone else noticed this??

Hey @jpilson2 I have a KM6 that is hardwired & never got more than slightly warm…have good circulation close by…but I added a really cool fan anyway. AMD will fill you in…

1 Like

I have been addicted to cooling all of my boxes for all of the reasons that you talk about above. On my KM6 Deluxes, I used this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G059G86?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share. They sit perfectly on top of the soft foam feet and if you plug the usb cord into the box itself, if will turn on and off as the box goes on and off. Great quality fans!

3 Likes

Excellent link tx @AMD237 . I love these little usb fans.

3 Likes

That is a very good fan. I have 2 of them and even on high are very very quiet. :+1:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.