Managing Applications Settings on Firestick

Currently experiencing an issue. I am attempting to clear my cache on each app. on my Firestick. When I select an app like Prime Video, Silk Browser or Fireplayer I am returned to the home screen. Anyone have any insights? Did Amazon do a change? TIA

1 Like

Are you going to settings>Applications>manage installed applications ? Now you can also install defsquid.com, open it and manage apps on the top right. This will give you the force close option then take you to it’s manage page.

3 Likes

Yes that’s where I have always gone to force stop and clear cache but now those options are gone for the Amazon apps. I mentioned as of yesterday. Trying to figure out why the change?

On which Firestick? This doesn’t happen on my 4K Max. I do know that on the FireTV OS 6 Amazon has blocked the update blocker, but can’t see what they would have to gain stopping anyone from clearing the Cache in any Amazon app. Try the defsquid app.

1 Like

2nd gen stick. I only have just under 2gb storage left so try to clear cache on Silk frequently and I really don’t want to add any more apps if I don’t have to. Those Amazon guys are sneaky… maybe forcing me to update to 4K :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. They do nothing without a purpose!

I always keep 1.5 to 2 GB free. I upgraded to the Max and I’m very pleased with the improvements. I limit the impact of the Amazon bloatware by using the Wolf Loader. I’ve always upgraded as the older 2nd gen were so unresponsive and glitchy. These new Max are much more responsive.

1 Like

@Sue2 Just pulling the power from your firestick & router for about 10 seconds will sometimes get rid of the cyber gremlins…not always…but sometimes :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thanks but I’m not the only one having this problem.

1 Like

@Sue2

No you are not but also lots not having this issue so sometimes support can be lacking is all options have been exhausted.

1 Like

Hey, Sue2, I’m having the exact same problem on Firestick 4K as of today! For example, Amazon Live Shopping (which I never use) has 26 MB of cache. From Settings to Applications to Manage Installed Applications I go to Amazon Live Shopping or any Amazon app and click the OK button, it takes me back to the Home screen! Trying to clear cache on any other type of app like Analiti or TiviMate works just fine. What’s going on?

So according to my FB Firestick group it’s Amazon getting ready for an update and will be resolved soon….fingers crossed! I wouldn’t worry about 26 MB in your cache that’s pretty low. My concern was Silk Browser but I got a solution for that.

Amazon has admitted it’s a recent update that has caused users to be unable to clear Amazon app caches. The say they’re aware of the problem and are working to release a fix. No timeline though.

2 Likes