Manage Installed Application - shortcut

Posted for info…I delete my cache every time I use my firestick…and find it a bit of a pain navigating to the manage installed application part (I know there are worse things going on in the world…)…found this shortcut which is pretty useful…Alexa brought it up when I tried to use voice control to open the manage installed application….that’s about as much as I know…fell on it by complete accident, but finding it useful, so thought I would share….

1 Like

I’d like to find a managed applications program that would get rid of all the Amazon apps on the Fire stick.

2 Likes

I posted all these shortcuts a couple of months back. There’s one page that has them all. I think thete are 8 of them. Long pressing the “Home” button on your remote will also bring up a small panel with options.

1 Like

:blush:…too true…just so annoying with the amount of data they use…:rage:

1 Like

Okay…thanks…missed that post, just thought I would share, didn’t mean to step on toes, or duplicate.

There isn’t anything like this. Yes you can find instructions on Rooting the Firestick but the chances are high that you will “brick” your stick. A few months back Amazon released an update that made these"protected" modules, and removing the ability to remove or block them.

1 Like

There is a fix to firestick woes. Get a TiVo 4k, nVidia Shield Pro or other Android box. I clear ALL cache at one time. Device preference>storage>internal storage>clear cache.
No worry of missing anything! Then you can place your Amazon device where it belongs beside the other intrusive and inferior devices

2 Likes

Yes I know it’s kind of a rhetorical answer.

1 Like

Just clarifying an answer to your rhetorical question asked quite often. Hopefully it helped you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.