Major Vulnerability Discovered in Stremio App

3 Likes

The vulnerability only affects the WINDOWS version. Don’t freak out if you have it installed only on your Android box/device. It’s not affected. Not now anyway, lol :slightly_smiling_face:

Copy…but I do use the Windows version to more easily set up my Android versions…so I’ll listen to any tips/tricks of the trade that would bolster my security against this DLL vulnerability. :cowboy_hat_face:

Yes. You definitely would need to heed the warning then. Any Windows installation could/would be vulnerable. I only have it on my Android devices. Thought about putting it on laptop originally, just didn’t ever get around to it.

What is windows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
tpinstruction

2 Likes

Mr. King Linux right there. LOL, you are safer always.

2 Likes

Yeah Yeah…I know…one of these days I’ll be quizzing you on how to set up LINUX & dump Windows. :thinking: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Bigrich set it up and ive not heard a peep :grimacing:

1 Like

Been using them since Win 3.0…I’m getting a headache just thinking about this ole dog having to learn a new trick :dog: :persevere: :eyes:

2 Likes

I always tell 1st timers to dual boot windows and Linuxmint to have a crutch and after some time kick the crutch off and all good. You generally live in the browser so linux is just under the hood.

1 Like

True dat mon ami…I’m just being a baby…ha ha

I switched to Linux and love it. A bit of a leaning curve but speeds up even an old computer I put it on all my laptops. Would definitely recommend and not hard to do :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Thanks for the nudging…I’m definitely getting closer to doing it…been thinking about if for quite a while. :cowboy_hat_face:

Just do like Ron said install Linux and windows together dual Boot and then you can always go back. I didn’t do that because I was fed up with windows and knew I would have to do it if I had just Linux and no regrets. The thing that really pushed me was windows said they were no longer supporting 10 so I would have to buy a new computer and they all work fine. I put Linux on a 10 year old computer and it works and runs as fast or faster than windows 10 computer. I was sold and put Linux on all my laptops. I think you will be too. Just don’t expect it to be like Windows like I said there is a bit of a leaning curve but not enough to discourage you. Try dual Boot and you will see. There’s a lot of videos on the tube for installing and using. Jump on in the water is fine :laughing:

2 Likes

The Stremio team has responded to these allegations here: Stremio vs CyFox – Security Announcement – The Stremio Blog

TLDR; CyFox published a security issue report regarding the Stremio app on Windows, their report is invalid, yet some cyber security blogs are posting it as news

4 Likes

great to hear, sounds like an AI start up looking for recognition and make a name. Windows has been flawed from the onset.

3 Likes