M3u playlst with EPG

Yes, you can. Or turn it off, it will load at some point.

One note. I have 10 playlists but 24 EPGs and I enable every EPG on every playlist. Some EPGs might be missing certain channels and another epg may have that channels info.

Another point. Like @Miki suggested, assign as many EPG’s to the playlists as you have, when one doesn’t pick up a channel, the other might. You can also update EPGs at any time, schedule to update/refresh when a playlist loads etc, there’s a few options. If the channels are not populated with info from the EPG’s, you can manually search and assign channel info to any one that’s not getting picked up (if its a channel that the EPG has info/guide for. :+1:

Excellent info @KingPro . I set my EPGs to update every 2 hrs. That may be overkill I haven’t spent the time testing all the options from 0 to 168 hrs and probably once every 24hrs may be sufficient for most.

2 Likes

I think the frustration is that the EPGs don’t populated the guides and pick up all the channels automatically. Although the channel info may be on a few EPGs, it is very dependant on how the channel has been named and the data/info formatted. A few alternate or different digits etc and it simply won’t get picked up during an automatic load. So for those channels you love, always worth spending a little time to see if you can populate a guide yourself.

For those channels failing to load an epg you can always long press the “enter” button on your remote when you have a channel highlighted that doesn’t have the EPG and a panel will open on the right with a selection of options. You then click the “assign EPG” selection and this will open a search window. It may take a minute or two to load depending on how many EPGs you have. A list of channels will open and you may find the exact channel you want and clicking to select it should load the EPG for that channel. When looking for say ABC you may get a few choices and you will have to try each one if they are say “east” “west” etc. to find the proper one. Now a little hint here, start the channel you’re trying to get a guide for and start the preview window to see what is on and find an epg that loads that program as shown on the top right of your screen.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

3 Likes

My two epg list that you gave me started populating last night so I got them working . Miki thanks for all of your help .

3 Likes

feel free to PM me with any additional questions. Welcome to our little cord cutting heaven.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

3 Likes