Lost plex server after upgrade

I really debated not upgrading my synology, cuz it seemed a hassle. My plex was working great. Then decided to upgrade, :sob:. Lost my Synolgy server, but can still see my desktop server. Followed all permissions tutorials. Still no synology server. Need help please

1 Like

@mrpink

The new update broke plex, Iā€™m unsure of a workaround at the moment, Iā€™d wait for a update.

Thereā€™s gotta be a way to make it work, because, as I said, my desktop server shows just fine.

1 Like

@mrpink

I was referring to the nvida that was my bad. I assumed you where referring to the nvida, my apologies.

So I read that the Plex team is working on the issue and has it down to a permissions issue. There is a potential work around that I will post here. I donā€™t have a shield and donā€™t use plex, but do have contacts. Good luck.

To allow file permission manually for these apps go to Settings ā†’ Apps ā†’ [File management app] ā†’ Permissions and enable ā€œFiles and Mediaā€ access for the app. If you see permission options to ā€œAllow while using this appā€ and ā€œAllow all the timeā€, select ā€œAllow all the timeā€.

1 Like

Itā€™s all good. Im gonna kep tryin, going into settings > permissions> apps > all appsā€¦ etc. Suggestion. Thought I did all permissions, but maybe not, here goes nothin

Thanks Miki, will try today. I thought i went thru permissions enabling , but donā€™t think i tried this, hope it wirks , will let ya know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.