Little Yellow Bird ☺️

Check this out. I woke up this morning and found these little yellow birds on my firestick 4K home screen. It messed with my Wolf Launcher. When I press the home screen button on the remote it goes to the stock launcher. If I use the back button…everything is all right…only way to get to Wolf Launcher is launch it from it’s icon on the stock launchers home screen. Amazon wack a mole continues…

Edit: think this solves it…

2 Likes

The Two Tweetys showed up on our 2nd gen Fire Cube, too. I don’t know if installing TechDr UK’s Launch on Boot had anything to do with it or not, but it’s working great so far at keeping Wolf Launcher going for us. As for the birdies, I’ve found no option to delete them, so I just moved them to the bottom of the screen where I don’t have to look at them. :grin:

1 Like

The little yellow birds are part of the Amazon Modules on Firesticks at least.

1 Like

@AnnieM I hid one of those rat bastards but the other little yellow dude stayed put on my home screen. Wolf Launcher still working. Home button on the remote reverts back to the stock launcher. Used to divert me to my modified Wolf Launcher screen.

Oh well the saga continues…

1 Like

They just disappear on the Firesticks. I forget what steps I took to make them visible. I no longer use Wolf or any 3rd party launcher as I decided it isn’t worth the aggravation. I turn off all the auto play and ad crap in the settings and data collecting so the crap on the home screen from Amazon is minimal and not overly invasive and nothing auto plays. This keeps my stick functioning at peak and as I’m not on the home screen for long it doesn’t really interfere with my streaming. If I remember when I used ES File Explorer I was able to find it in the modules but I never mess with native Amazon modules as it might brick my stick.

2 Likes

Like many of us, I started using Wolf because of the grey/blank/missing icons thing in the Amazon stock launcher. I know there was some kind of a fix for that with ‘pointers’ or something, but all I remember of it was thinking that the fix sounded more complicated than I cared to deal with. :confused:

It still is. I have a few blank icons and absolutely no methods to correct them have worked and I’ve tried all methods I could find.

@Money

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Missing icons method in there

:thinking: Why are the little birds laying on their back and not standing, is it a joke from amazon :rofl:

Lazy birds, waiting to be fed. Just like Amazon.

1 Like

@Miki Funny…just bought 40 lbs. of sunflower seeds for the birds. This is the thanks I get.

1 Like

I just thought they were supposed to be dead. Their eyes look like an ‘x’ to me. :woman_shrugging:t2:

@AnnieM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Maybe amazong trying not to be twitter copycat :joy::+1:

So…did you reinstall wolf launcher?

@Rwc It behaves exactly the way it’s showing in the TDUK video. Something to live with for now. All good, just got a kick out of the little yellow birds.

2 Likes

My wife called me when she saw it 'cause she thought it was the Twitter app…got home & my first thought was “dead angry birds” :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.