Launcher Manager Problems on onn. Google TV Android Box

I think the culprit in this is Launcher Manager, we keep throwing Wolf Launcher under the bus. If one of the two pieces of software could render a box useless, it would be LM. Although, it is still curious how and what may have gone wrong.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. I’ve programmed three boxes already and haven’t had any issues. I use launcher manager, wolf launcher and mainly stream from KODI. Surfshark as a vpn. Streaming a 10 gig movie with no problem. Only have a 80 mbs connection. Android 12 can be a bit problematic with usb configuration, etc…Good luck.

Here’s what I think is happening. People are installing Launcher Manager for Fire TV and not Launcher Manager for Android TV.

4 Likes

We’ve seen a few people report Launcher Manager causing all kinds of problems with the new onn. Google TV Android Box.

Here’s what I think is happening.

You are installing the wrong Launcher Manager.

You should be installing the Launcher Manager for Android TV and not the one for Fire TV.

I’ve added notes to the TROYPOINT Toolbox that will hopefully clear up this confusion.

I’ve done this over and over again and I’m not getting the same error as a few others are reporting.

Another problem could be that people are uninstalling Launcher Manager after setting up their 3rd party launcher. This would also cause problems.

3 Likes

That is what I did the first time. When I did that everything was fine except that I couldn’t select the Wolf Launcher launcher. So I uninstalled and installed LM (ATV) - 1.0.4. That is when I experienced the black screen similar what others experienced.

1 Like

I agree. I’m running Wolf on mine and so far no issues. Put new ONN on our living room TV instead of KM2 to see how well it works. So far been flawless

4 Likes

I was just offering an alternative because I was having trouble with Wolf Launcher and Projectivity is stable for me. Good luck!

I just tried streaming from Kodi for the first time and it is giving me issues (wants to start playing but won’t, choosing cached torrents using RD) on the ONN box. Cleared out the cache for Kodi and now Kodi won’t open for me…the journey continues.

I started with a new box. Made sure it worked with youtube, netflilx, etc. Deleted all the BS apps that came with. Loaded Kodo 20…1 using downloader and troypoint toolbox. Added one source, the crew, added real-debrid. jAdded launcher manager and wolf launcher. That all worked ok. Then I restored a backup using the backup addon and it restored all addons, skins,and settings from the older onn box. Started it up and checked the “my addons” to make sure everything was up to date. It worked. Sometimes kodi does act up and forcing stop and clearing cache usually works. When it goes blank, I find that it’s been updating itself and needs a few minutes. I also use a very simple skin estuary mod v2. You might go into permissions and allow kodi to access all files… Good luck

1 Like

also check your real-debrid credentials. Sometimes they show up, but they are actually expired.

Uninstalled Kodi and re-installed and authorized my RD account again on a few “apps” (I don’t think I am allowed to mention repositories) and neither are working. I get to the point where I find links and click play and the video looks like it’s playing in the top right corner but it’s just a black screen. Plays on my other devices fine. Back to the drawing board.

Shot in the dark, but you might back up a working version of kodi on another device using the kodi backup program addon, kodi repository. Back up to a usb stick. Restore on the new box, using the same kodi addon.

Interesting theory, I’ll see if I can figure out how to do that. I just uninstalled Kodi AGAIN, reinstalled along with my favorite repository/addon and it goes all the way through like it’s going to play and doesn’t. Some IPTV live TV will play, I’ve tried two different repositories. I am pulling Kodi from Troy’s toolbox, 20.1. Maybe I’ll try 19.5 and see what happens. That’ll be easier for me to do than to figure out the whole backup thing. Thanks!

WOW! Somebody must love me…when Troy first announced the ONN, I ran out and bought two units. I spent half a day setting it up (I have 5 FS4k in my house). I installed Launch manager then Wolf launcher…everything works flawlessly. I set it up initially without expanded memory…I loaded Prime, Netflilx, HBOMax, YouTube AF, Kodi with 4 different apps (Crew, Seren and Nine Lives (I mostly use Seren/Crew). I also loaded 5 apks including Cinema, Nova, FilmPlus, Ocean Streams, Morpheus…I am using ExpressVpn and Typhoon Labs IPTV With all these loaded without expanded memory I still have 1.5 g of memory left…for what I do, I don’t see any reason to add expanded memory. I am out of the country now (Caribbean) and brought this with me along with the Tivo4k. The ONN is flawless…never a problem with Wolf Launcher…the remote is more friendly than the Tivo remote. In fact, the ONN is working so well I haven’t even plugged in the Tivo4k…When I get home next week, I plan to program the second ONN. I had planned to tell all my friends and relatives (whom I programmed their 4ks) to buy ONN before they sell out and raise the price. I’ve just opened Troypointinsider today and see some of the complaints…I havent had any complaints. The unit is fast and snappy

3 Likes

Using ONN I am trying to make ATV launcher as home screen. Open Launcher Manager and click enable custom launcher …Allow USB Debugger does not appear. Please this old guy needs help.

1 Like

In order to turn on USB Debugging, you will need to enable Developer Options on your ONN device. Go into Settings/Device Preferences/About, scroll down to Build and click on it repeatedly , until it says you are a developer. Back out to Device Preferences, scroll down to Developer Options, and click on it. Scroll down to USB debugging and enable it. That should do the trick.

2 Likes

Be careful with those famous words some old guy needs help! LOL

I had enabled USB Debugging following Troypoint video instructions. So, it was done. Still when trying to use Launch Manager set on enable launcher… still does not open to the spot that allows me check off allow USB debugger.

Read this thread, you need to enable developer options and turn on USB Debugging in there.

1 Like

I did that and debugger is activated. I was able to enable Wolf Launcher as primary two days ago. please bear with me… If I already set up debugger should the allow screen appear anyway? If not, what do I do as next step to get ATV launcher as my primary start screen? Thank you.

1 Like