Launcher Manager on FireStick Lite

I am unable to get Launcher Manager to allow me to pick the default launcher. I installed this on two brand new Firestick Lites with the intention of using Flauncher. Is there something in FireOS that is blocking Launcher Manager?

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Yes, Amazon is blocking launchers and has been for a while.

Thank you. So I am confused as to why Troypoint puts out a guide, in January 2023, for installing Flauncher using Launcher Manager when it is blocked. Thoughts?

I don’t think launcher managers are blocked, launchers are. So in order to bypass the problem you need two apps as outlined in the Tutotial. Launcher Manager and Launcher.

First of all how did you get firestick lite not to be slow as molasses my sister bought one during Christmas sale and I setup her IPTV service on it and it takes centuries to load anything especially 3rd party IPTV apps. I don’t care how cheap firestick lite is how do people tolerate them they are terrible.

I’m with you. No idea how anyone can tolerate such clunky transitions and page loads etc. If you’re going to use a stick, get the cheap as chips Max. I think Amazon just had them for $35 again.

WOW first non evil response I’ve ever gotten from you. Clearly you don’t remember who I am.

Yes I do remember exactly who you are. But lately you’ve been posting decent and respectful posts. So I thought you have turned over a new leaf. I’m a very forgiving, second chance, type of guy. So two thumbs up.

3 Likes

So, going back to my original question. I installed both Launcher Manager and Flauncher. My issue is that Launcher Manager will not allow me to pick my default launcher. Tried on two different Firesticks.

Launcher Manager does not work on FireTV anymore since the updates that blocked the ability to change the default launcher. Your only option that I know of to use a custom launcher on Firesticks is to use Launch on Boot (in Troy’s Toolbox) and set it to run the Flauncher when the system boots. I’m not a fan, but that’s the best we have right now. If you want customization, go to Android/Android TV.

How to Install Launch on Boot APK on Firestick & Android (troypoint.com)

2 Likes

This still uses Launch on Boot to initiate on a Firestick. So if you want to use ProjectIvy (which is a nice launcher), you’ll still need to install LOB to launch it.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I previously installed LOB. Not the best but it works.

That’s the punishment we all get for buying these Amazon sticks for basically nothing. We are still forced to see their garbage for however short of time to try and make them more money. My son’s 4k a lot of times LOB doesnt even work. I really wish i was a developer that could make a piece of software to get around the Amazon blocks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.