Latest Seren Version

Made the mistake of updating today. I had waited a week before updating hoping bugs would be taken care of. Showed my stupidity again. Any way to dump the new version and get back to the older Seren? New one is hanging up, sticks between going from seasons to shows. Takes FOREVER to load, if it loads. I want my old Seren back. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Just checked tv shows and episodes and everything works fine here. On version 3.0.0

2 Likes

Seren works fine. You worded that weird, like saying your dumb for updating? no you are not. But updating seren isnt why this is happening.

Just try a fresh install, reload, do your package provider and re sync RD.

I am using Seren 3.0.0 on a Firestick 4K. The new version seems to automatically pick the link for the Movie/Tv Episode you want to watch. On occasion this causes some buffering issues due to the size of the file. I can’t seem to find a setting to allow for manual selection of the scrappings. Anybody have a solution?

Click on Tools> then Open settings menu> select playback tab
Then change Movie Play Style and Episode Play Style to Source Select
Then click on OK to save settings.
You will now see a select able list of available sources to choose from.

2 Likes

That did it. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Running updated Seren, Not experiencing any issues of any sort. Agree with @TP-Dracoo, try fresh install. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the comments but the problems persist. FYI – I’m running Kodi 19.4 and if I get things working OK, it gets progressively worse as time goes on. Something about Seren continues running in the background and bogs things down. If I clear all caches and Kodi cache and then reboot the box, it clears out the memory and works fine for hours or a day (depending on usage). Will keep playing around but I’m glad I have a full Kodi backup from the end of October. So I can get back to the old Seren if I can’t get this figured out.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.