Kodi vs APKs vs Torrents - What's Your Favorite? (TROYPOINT Poll)

heymiki

Stremio has a funky UI that I just donā€™t like

I didnā€™t vote because I like them both equally . I like Kodi and theirs some apps I also like . Canā€™t vote .

yes it also has great shock absorbers lol

When I go to pick , Kodi it takes me to how to install!! Thatā€™s why people arenā€™t voting unless Iā€™m doing something wrong I even tried to pick APK n that also took me to how to install!! I saw u massage someone also but give up after numerous times to vote thank you for your response and maybe you could find out whatā€™s going on with some people sites

nahā€¦the reason it isnā€™t in first is because itā€™s older than Joe Biden lol

I like my emby share best. Kodi second.

Apkā€™s take up too much space on my Firestick which is already bloated with Amazons apks

Dont click the word ā€œkodiā€. Look below the number of people that voted (ex: 109 voters). There is a bar that says ā€œ< voteā€. Click on that and then select kodi and submit vote.

At the beginning, in my ignorance I thought the Firestick was the only game in town. Tried Kodi and it was really fun, but the Firestick memory limitations forced me to streamline the device due to Kodi add-ons buffering. So ditched Kodi and went with APKs, including Stremio, which uses torrents anyway. Latest favorite is Film+ since the first link listed is usually a good one (1080p) while Iā€™d have to search through a few links in Stremio to find a good one. Also have good luck on buffer-free links without using RD with both Film+ and Stremio.

And have to agree that TiviMate is the best $35 Iā€™ve spent for live iptv in the streaming world.

Read my statement above, that might be your problem as well :point_up:

My wife and i only do live tv. I once installed kodi and found it very confusingā€¦ additionally, my wife, who is not technical hated itā€¦

We have installed tivimate and implayer which are much less complex for just live tvā€¦

I see you all postingbabout things like stremio and debrid, etc, and i just dont get why youd need any of thoseā€¦

Since implayer and tivimate were "apk"s, i had to pick that ā€¦

Sorry if it skews the resultsā€¦

Even though I voted APK, itā€™s still kind of a toss up for me.

Kodiā€™s content runs much better than some APKā€™s. Even huge files. Zero buffer or lag. Tons of Builds and Pluggins. Lots of customization. On the downside, itā€™s UI is overly complicated and adding Pluggins is tedious and lengthy. Kodi also freezes or shuts down occasionally for no apparent reason.

APKā€™s offer a large variety of UIā€™s. Navigation and search features are much more user friendly. Easier to install/change from one APK to another than to switch Builds. Better graphics than stock Kodi. Buffering and lag is a real issue.

I really want to prefer Kodi over APKā€™s because of itā€™s stability in playing content. But I like the look and feel and control better from APKā€™s.

Torrents for 100% viewing stability; then APKs for ease of use and for live TV. Havenā€™t used Kodi in years; too many moving parts, too much effort to set up and maintain.

They all use torrents donā€™t they? Just like Rd uses torrents?

And according to Troy, Kodi is an APK. :grinning:See for yourself.
https://troypoint.com/best-apks/

1 Like

Leave it to a Parrot to repeat postsā€¦:rofl::rofl:

We discussed this in this post already. Look above.

Kodi the #1 TP APK!!

I did the quick scan but missed itā€¦or, I didnā€™t have my reading glasses onā€¦or?

Oh, we can blame it on Pico, my little boy Scarlet Macaw.

1 Like

Well one could argue that being tbat Tivimate is also an apk, that apks do have live streaming also. Other apks live BeeTV and Cinema use torrents to deliver their streams as do Kodi addons.

Personally i dont use any APKs like BeeTV etc or Kodi for online streaming. I use Kodi to locally stream saved files from my NAS
You just camt beat Kodinfor this.
I also use Kodi on my Android head unit to play videos from my NAS to leep the kid occupied on long road trips.

If I were to use non live streaming, it woikd most certainly be Kodi. You can beat it. The processing and features is 2nd to none.

I think the real arguement is that I never ever use any APKs for streaming or anything other than installing an app. APK (Android Package Kit) is an installation only method for Android apps. Similar to the exe in Windoze.