Kodi Streams load up normally as if they'll play and then don't

Sometime when I want to binge watch like today since it’s gonna be raining hard all day, I’ll plan on binge watching something. Normally I do a search, it loads, autoplay starts it either on The Crew or another KODI app or even on Cinema HD. Today, I found something that did all of the above but wouldn’t start playing. I’ve enough experience since 2016 to figure out nearly any problem but this one has me stumped. I was going to watch John Walsh’s ‘Americas Most Wanted’…it found it, 2 seasons, the new season all the episodes, click on episode one, loaded up but wouldn’t play! Wouldn’t budge! Went back in on settings and everything looked normal. Tried Seren, same thing! Tried Cinema, same thing! I guess there’s the possibility that networks can trigger something in their production to let it download for a fee like maybe on Amazon for sale but you can’t stream on any other platform! Is my reasoning probably valid or is there something I might be missing!

Did you try another series or movie? It is possible not enough seeds for that particular show. Real debrid often helps with these issues as well but not always due to low seed or lack of.

Yes, other series work fine and movies work fine but that particular series doesn’t. First time I’ve seen that happen. As I was settling back in my recliner not seeing any problems and then it wouldn’t play. Nothing out of the ordinary. RD had 145 finds and didn’t elimnate but maybe 30-40 of them as duplicates. There were, I think 95 available, 4K, 1080P, 720, and maybe less. Tried just the 1080P and 720 and no go. Mentioned this on here just in case anyone else has EVER had this problem because I’ve NEVER had this problem. Oh well, I"m not paying Amazon to watch something!

I tried it out of curiosity and my experience was a little different with the same result. On kodi, I got no streams at all. On stremio, the series didn’t even show up in the search. It’s going to take someone with a higher pay grade than mine to explain this anomaly.

There’s all sorts of John Walsh series in Stremio, but sometimes you just need to try different search parameters. Instead of “America’s Most Wanted” search for “Most Wanted” and you’ll find what you want oddly enough.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!

Yep, it did pull up the title but I checked season 2 and there no streams available. If you check this, it is the one on Fox network. I only checked season 2, but there was no streams available.

Now that’s weird, again I checked and as I mentioned earlier, they load but don’t play. This time 146 loaded, 51 duplicates, so 95 streams but none played. I like the post about the pay grade…mine’s not high enough either. Thanks for all you’re help at least I’m not crazy! Well, I may have to retract, my wife thinks I am sometimes!

You’re right it does come up but no streams. Not that popular I guess.

I have teal-debrid and I’ll get streams with no sound and have to go down the list till one has sounds. Also get links but no stream available. I don’t understand if the poster and info is there, why no streams. This is on the crew. Tried Seren and the tv program that didn’t work on crew, works on seren.

It sure seems like The Crew is having some difficulties because some TV shows I’ve searched for will have many, many streams and won’t play but will on Seren but AMW still won’t play on Seren. I’ve had so much sucess using The Crew, Seren, Stremio, and even Asgard on different type of programs I don’t know why The Crew isn’t working like it used to. The Crew used to be the best, the least problem Kodi Addon forever and maybe it still is but something has changed. Due to my experience for about 7 years, and for sure not an expert, I’m at a loss as to why these addons aren’t working like they used to. My opinion right now is, the tv industry found out a way to keep programs they are selling per episode online from playing even though you can see that streams are available through several addons. What’s the problem? You got me!

i dont think its the tv companies other apps are working fine

Not sure what Shows you are having a problem with. If they are several years old then it’s been my experience there could be less or no streams available. That’s just the way it is but for newer shows I’ve had zero issues with finding streams on The Crew for well over a year now. You are using real Debrid right? Also Homelander has been working great as well

1 Like

Americas Most Wanted, the newest shows 2023 and 2024. All will load up a lot of streams but not play episodes. Everything with The Crew works fine but that show. Wife likes Blue Bloods and we watch it commercial free 2-3 hours after if aires on Friday nights or any others that we might have missed. I really can’t think of any show that doesn’t come up except AMW and that’s a new one on me, I’ve been using Kodi since 2016, VPN since 2018 or 19, and really never had this problem. I noticed that looking up AMW it’s for sale on Amazon and Prime per episode so that’s where I got the idea they’ve blocked it from being shown for free to anyone. I’m not sure how they do that cause I’ve watched on Kodi movies that are at the theater the same day or days. It’s just baffleing to me. I thought I was doing something wrong, checked front and back tv, same thing. Any of you guys, if you don’t mind just to keep me from thinking it’s a glitch somewhere, can any of you try to see if you can get AMW seasons 2023-24 to play, they load hundreds and get rid of duplicates and what is left you think is going to play and doesn’t. I tried again last night. I’m fixing to get busy doing some outside yard work but in the meantime if anyone has a few minutes to check on your own system to see if your setup can stream on Kodi…Americas Most Wanted…recent 2023 and 2024…I’d appreciate it, at least I will know it’s not something on my end but on Fox!!! Thanks

I just tried to Stream a few episodes of that show from 2023 and 2024 on both Homelander and The Crew and No Streams available for anything I tried. That’s just the way it is with some Shows. If they are not popular you might not find streams. Nothing do do with Amazon blocking anything.

Perhaps someone else can see if there are any streams on Stremio or some APK

This was discussed a couple of weeks ago and Stremio doesn’t have many or any active streams for this series either. Not very popular for anyone to even add it as a torrent.

1 Like