Kodi seren error after using the Clean Shark App Troy recommended. Anyone else have problems?

Troy recently did a very nice and short video

Hello @halbadger55 . What is this post all about? What Video? Is there something we can help you with?

Hi Miki,

Troy did a great video a few weeks back about a cleaning app in the app store on your fire stick. It’s under utilities and it’s called clean shark. I watched it and it looked amazing. I installed on two of my TVs. It cleans cache amongst other things. After running clean shark I was ready to watch a show or movie and I would get an error message on Kodi Seren. I don’t remember what the error message was, but Seren worked before I ran clean shark and did not work after. Just wondered if anyone else had this issue and if there was a workaround or a fix. I’m afraid I might have to totally uninstall Kodi and reinstall all of the add-ons. Not a big deal as I have a backup with Cinema HD. All of the other Kodi addons work. I should have been more clear and hopefully no one was upset by my post. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Hal

Ahhh. Now I understand. I will edit the title to reflect that issue. Oh don’t worry, your post was nothing to upset anyone about. It was just a tad confusing as to what you needed. I can’t find a Clean Shark App.

No if you go to your apps on your fire stick which it should be right next to the settings icon where you have notifications Network account profiles applications equipment control preferences My Fire TV those things but you go to your apps. And you click on your apps and that’ll show your apps and channels from there you scroll down until you see app store. You click on App Store and then you have search app Library featured games and all categories. Go to all categories and click. Then there are several categories scroll all the way to the bottom left and you’ll see utilities. Click utilities and then on the third line is an app called clean shark. That’s where you’ll find it. Above clean shark is surfshark and nordvpn across from nordvpn as ipvanish it also shows the downloader app you can scroll down and see Analiti speed test. I didn’t discover this on my own I’ve never opened that App Store until I watched the video.

I don’t use Firesticks any more and couldn’t find it in an online search and couldn’t find a reference for a video by Troy. ok. Hopefully someone has some advice.

Yes I did a search and it’s also missing now. But Troy is the only person I trust when it comes to anything about Fire Sticks I watched many of his videos 5 years ago which allowed me to cut the cable. Again you are correct there’s no video maybe it was taken down but I did get the notification on my phone and I always watch his videos. I did find a few reviews on Google and Reddit that said there were issues with clean shark and it caused issues for them also. I’m just going to forget about it and if I can take the post down I will. not too concerned about it. Thanks again!

Def squid will take out the scraper on Seren so am guessing that it’s doing the same.

2 Likes

All good @halbadger55 . I was a big Firestick guy, at one time, and have programmed hundreds of them so I get it. Sorry there doesn’t seem to be an answer for you. @Throttlejockey has indicated it isn’t just Clean Shark causing some problems. Thanks for helping with clarifications. Have fun and STREAM!!!

To pick up on Throttlejockey’s advice, the cleaning tool could have de-activated the scraper or the specific downloader such as Real Debrid. As I recall both of these are crucial to the Seren App which is a Premium Class.

1 Like

Yes you are absolutely correct!

1 Like