KODI reorder favorites

I am using Matrix 19.3 on a Mecool MK3 tv box and would like to arrange my Favorites thumbnails in a different order. Someone on Google suggested that I edit the Favorites,xml to achieve the results that I want. I need to know what App I need to install to do the editing. Thank you.

2 Likes

Don’t need an app. In the left pane, hover over favorites then select it. A new window will pop up with all your favorites shown. Scroll to the app you want to move and long press. A context menu will pop up with the option to move the app up or down. Repeat as many times as needed to get it where you want it.

2 Likes

The context window that I get does not have the move up or down options. It only allows Remove, Rename and Change Thumbnail options.

3 Likes

You’re not doing it correctly. You highlight favorites in the left pane then actually select it with a big button press. You’ll get a new window pop up with all your favorites shown. Go in there to move them.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I select FAVOURITES from the main Kodi menu and get the screen showing the thumbnails from all my favorite tv shows. I long click on the one that I want to move and get the context window that shows only 3 options and not the one that includes 5 options which would give me up/down ability.

1 Like

I’m using 19.4. Maybe reorder is not an option with 19.3. Very sorry.

1 Like

FYI, on my windows pc and android tv, i get the 5 option menu, on my android tablet and android phone, I get the 3 option menu. All 19.4.

1 Like

Updated to Matrix 19.4 and still only get the three option context window. Can anyone help me with editing the Favorites.xml file?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.