Kodi Remote communication server failed

Trying to reinstall Kodi and keep getting the remote communication server failed as soon as kodi opens. Is there anyway to fix this or just wait it out?

Welcome, not sure why you’re having problems? What device are you using? where are you getting Kodi from? kodi.tv is their official site. You can download whichever version you want. Oh, I assume you have Dev options enabled? Hope this helps, :v:

1 Like

Kodi downloaded from troys tool box on a firestick. Using ipvanish. Developer options on.

Not sure which version you’re trying to use, try to download it from the Kodi website.

Its 20.1. Not sure what was going on, but it seems to have resolved its self ??? Thank you for trying to problem-solve with me.

Whenever you have problems revert back to a previous version. Or reverse whatever change you made. 20.1 in my opinion still needs work. 19.4 or 19.5 still more stable.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is March 2024 and I’m having this issue. Is it a March thing? I uninstalled and installed 20.3 and still got the sameerror

Try: Settings > Services > Control → try to toggle off “Allow remote control from applications on this system (or other systems)”
I also think there was a stable 20.5 release that solved a bunch of bugs.

I would try a fresh install of 20.5 from the Troypoint toolbox as Miki said. Supposed to have some fixes.

1 Like