Kodi Real-Debrid Losing Voice & Video Choppy

I have been having problems with my real debrid streams On all of my Kodi add-ons lately. They will play fine, and then throughout the video at times, you will lose the voice or the video will we become choppy. my Internet is fine and all streaming on other platforms works well,using a nvidia shield, also using the settings for kodi that were recommended In a thorough tutorial on this website. I will try other streams at times for the same show, but they all seem to have the same problem. Any feedback I could get would be appreciated. Thank you.

3 Likes

Check hardware acceleration. Enable or disable depending on if it’s on or not already. Should be in your player settings.

So its not just me…

Having the same issue from time to time. Its not the movie/show itself because if you go back to replay the skipping portion it will play again without problems. At least with me it has.

I’m using a build and a Nvidia shield tv pro.

1 Like

Was on ,turned both off ,did a restart. I will test it tonight when I am watching and let you know. Thank you.

1 Like

Is that a Kodi or Sheild setting?

Was watching a movie last night and it seemed to happen ever 10 minutes or so.

But why would it make a difference no on the setting if it wasnt a problem before?

Ill check mine too if you can tell where to go.

2 Likes

Sorry that was really a question for Sledgehammer.

Turned off the acceleration, The first video played great and I thought I was good, But the next video reverted to the old way, choppiness and losing the voice for short periods during the video. Starting to look like I might have to do a delete and fresh download, which is a pain, but may be the only way to correct it

Found this on Reddit,adjust display refresh rate to on start/stop. to do this, go to settings(gear icon )Click on player, Click video, And at the bottom, make sure you are on expert settings, Under playback this will be the first adjustment you can make. I did it and so far so good. Hopefully it continues.

I have this problem with Kodi on my Nvidia Shield Pro 19 Even with R.D. links . What I do to fix it is to clean cache , reboot the box , modem an router all at the same time . That fixes the video choppy and buffering but I have to do this everytime I turn on Kodi or the trouble will come back . It’s a hassle having to go through every time I want to watch a movie in Kodi but it works for me .

1 Like

Make sure expert mode is on in settings then player> adjust display refresh rate to on start/stop. Then settings>system display whitelist, select all the 4k resolutions. This way the shield will still use ai upscaling.

Yeah thats a hassle to do everytime.

So far it seems everyone here has this problem with the Nvidia Shield. Coincidence?

I set up a Onn yesterday with the same build with RD and watched a movie using same add on without any issues.

I made the adjustments you mentioned in Kodi . Thanks !

The TV i am using is only 1080 and I only select 1080 resolution or less (not 4k). Would this still be necessary?

Yeh just select the 1080 resolutions only. Anything lower will be upscaled to 1080. It helps with stuttering as kodi will output the resolution as the same as the source playing example 1080p at 25fps or 24 etc. As long as your tv supports that resolution. If it shows in the whitelist, your tv supports it.

My tv is just 1080p so I only checked all the 1080ps then clicked ok .

Well i made the adjustments and put it to the test.

I started Oppenheimer on a 1080 link and within 10 minutes the same old stuttering stated.

I switched to my Onn box i set up yesterday and loaded the same movie from the same addon and 1080 link and played the entire movie virtually problem free.

There was one hiccup about an hour in where kodi seemed to shutdown and when i restarted the movie was abiot 30 minutes back. But that may be a problem unrelated.

Theres something not right. Best thing to do is start a fresh with the latest official version of kodi, i know its a pain. Just install 1 addon to test.

This problem seems to be a Nvidia Shield thing .

1 Like

The only time I experienced that type of problem was while watching on a computer. My shield doesn’t do that. To be fair I don’t use real debrid links often. 90% of my viewing is from an emby share. If I do use Kodi I usually use it to stream stuff I downloaded myself using real debrid.

Decided to uninstall and reinstall kodi from the play store.

I loaded it up as i would normally with my build, debrid and Trakt.

So far working ok. I’ll see how it is at end of the weekend.

Thanks for all the help.

:crossed_fingers: