Kodi or TViMate

I assume I have got this right. Using Kodi for films with ‘Crew’ etc and relying on TviMate for streaming from a provider. I think I am right in thinking that streaming iptv via kodi can be slower.
Lem

Using Kodi for VOD and Tivimate for your IPTV service makes a lot of sense. But that isn’t to say you couldn’t use Kodi and the PVR IPTV client to watch live TV if you absolutely wanted to. If you aren’t looking for all the extra features and customizations that Tivimate offers, that is an acceptable way to watch IPTV. My preferred for both is Tivimate (IPTV) and standalone apps with RD like Syncler, Stremio or Film Plus. I use Kodi for a backup to both Live TV and VOD.

4 Likes

Appreciate your input.

1 Like

Exactly how I do it. Kodi with The Crew for movies and TV shows, Tivimate for live TV with a paid service.

Depending on what IPTV service you subscribe to, some of them include VOD. And you can do VOD in Tivimate but I have never tested it out because I have Kodi already setup. Plus you’re limited to whatever VOD options your provider has. Kodi with Real Debrid will find just about anything you’re looking for.

2 Likes

It’s always good to know that I am not missing out on better alternatives. Iptv provider seems reliable and I love Kodi and Real Debrid for films. Thanks.

1 Like

Well, it is subjective. There are those that will try to convince you Stremio or Syncler are better than Kodi. And I’m not saying they aren’t, but I’ve never bothered to check it out because I’ve got Kodi setup the way I want and hardly have any issues. IPTV on the other hand… I don’t think you’ll find a single person who has tried Tivimate that will tell you there’s anything better out there.

2 Likes

What’s the advantage of having a paid iptv w/tivimate over watching live tv free on kodi? I’m not a tivimate denier, but having read many threads on paid iptv and tivimate, it seems like more hassle than its worth.

1 Like

Ease of use, full guide, complete personalization, dependability, reliability, oh and of course not only paid subs but a ton of free playlists as well. An all around enjoyable experience. For me Kodi isn’t any of that. But this is of course just my preference, as is yours, using Kodi. This is entirely up to the individual. @Jayhawks659, for example, is exceptionally good with Kodi to the point of making his own Kodi and adding it to a repo. I applaud his work and efforts. I, on the other hand have 4 reliable subs, that give me everything I want for live TV, when I want it. I know it will open and I get no errors. For movies and series I use Stremio, and it is also a dependable and reliable service. Is one way better than the other? Who really cares? It’s what works for you, and that’s all that matters.
Have fun and Stream On.

2 Likes

I agree with what Miki said but kodi has an alternative in stremio and I find the perfect combo is Stremio with Tivimate(1 or 2 subs) and your set. To me kodi is more of a project, fun to play with but not trustworthy in the longrun. 2cents$$$ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Kodi with RD for movies and series and Tivimate with one sub for live tv and sports for me.:wink:

1 Like

OK, I think we are coming from different sides of the universe when it comes to streaming. I have a couple friends and relatives that cut the cord because of the kodi I set up for them. No fuss no hassle. I have to do minimal maintenence. They watch their tv, movies, sports and Live tv shows, I get to relax and enjoy knowing I saved them 200+ bucks a month. But like you said, it’s preference and how deep you want to dive into it. Me, I just want to skim across the surface and leave the deep diving to you guys, whom I respect immensely.

But that’s my point, for me Kodi is far more difficult to set up, configure, modify than either TiViMate or Stremio, and I’m a long way away from being a rookie. Not to mention troubleshooting. But as I said, if you like it, good on you, but imho not for the casual beginner. This is a debate that has no definitive one answer serves all. Both are excellent and variety is the spice of life. So Kodi if you like it, TiViMate if you don’t. Glad we have these choices.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

Some peeps like Chevy…some like Ford…like you say, options/choice is what’s cool :thinking::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Tivimate isn’t much hassle at all. It is feature rich if you choose to play around and customize it. But it doesn’t take much to get your login info from your provider and start watching.

2 Likes

Coming back to your earlier question about the advantage of a paid IPTV service, there are many! With free streams they frequently get taken down or stop working. Sometimes you have to try 5-6 streams before you find one that works. They are often times very low quality as well. EPG (TV guide) usually has issues, if there is one at all.

With a paid IPTV service you are getting ALL the channels with high quality streams. Entertainment channels, news channels, big name movie channels, sports packages, even PPV events. The EPG is managed by the provider and there is no missing information. If the service does go down or has an issue these guys are usually on it right away to get it fixed.

1 Like

I use Tivimate with a very decent paid IPTV service. Since @Miki introduced me to Stremio I’ve been using it for Movies and TV Series and I’m delighted with it. I have to say Kodi is great and I use it mainly for the few Apps that give plenty of choice for watching football games. My IPTV gives me some great channels and I get to watch the build up to the games they broadcast and enjoy the analysis afterwards. While the Kodi Apps have almost every game streaming and are not restricted to the games being broadcast on TV in the UK. The links appear before the game and end right afterwards, so you do miss the analysis and interviews etc.
So I’d say the perfect set-up is a combination that is right for you.

1 Like

Yup different preferences for different folks. I think once you have something that works, covers all the bases, and you are comfortable with Fixing when things break you are good. I’ve only been using IPTV (Paid) with TiviMate less than a year but KODI Builds for more than 5 years. I know my way around KODI fairly well and for VOD Movies/TV Series it’s KODI + RD + TraktTV. For Live Sports it’s paid IPTV on Tivimate.

2 Likes

Hey King, my paid IPTV service has every game you could ever want, live. I limit my channel choices to Canada, USA and UK.
For Stremio I have Real Debrid and Orion. It has Trakt integration with the last update now, although I never use it, as Stremio marks every episode from every series once you watch it, and if you have to leave you can just shut what you’re watching down and start it up another time. It picks up right where you left off. The real joy is once set it up you don’t have to redo your setup on another device. Just install Stremio, sign into your account and your setup is applied immediately without your need to do anything. Addons are not installed on your device, they are kept in the cloud, making it safer from malware than other apps.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

3 Likes

I personally love that we have so many choices to do the same thing! I use Tivi with 2 paid services and Kodi with Seren+Rd. But I also have Stremio and Torrentio on another Stick with Tivi. Just knowing that I can get everything I want with just Kodi is very reassuring. But it at times can be unreliable at least for me. Been using it for 6 years. But love the simplicity of hitting one button and bam Tv via Tivimate! So it is all about personal preference. :v:

3 Likes

As I asked Troy about 3 years ago, I wanted a program that matches very closely to satellite TV. Tivimate is the closest at present time.

1 Like