KODI for WebOS (LG TVs)

My LG TV has the latest WebOS. I would like to try to install KODI directly to the tv.
Kodi has just released the first stable build for WebOS.
I tried going through the steps but it having trouble with finding DevMode Manager for webOS TV.
My TV is in Dev Mode. All signed up with LG.
KODI.TV guide for WebOS
Any thoughts?
Thanks in Advance!!!

(I hope in the future that something like TiviMate becomes compatible. I have not tried it yet.)
I did search for this issue on Troypoint and elsewhere…no luck…so if it has been covered here and I missed it…sorry.

So following your link, have you followed the steps? The first being to have a computer connected to the same network? The page you linked to has the the link you’re after:

GitHub - webosbrew/dev-manager-desktop: Device/DevMode Manager for webOS TV.

I saw that.
Maybe I got confused by other webpages (by LG) about side loading apps.
I will give the git-hub method a shot later today.

Just wondering if this so new that not too much forum talk about it.

Thanks Miki.

I think it’s that most ppl are not using their TV’s OS to sideload apps, often due to limitations, but rather prefer the freedom of a dedicated streaming device plugged into an HDMI port on the TV. I applaud your efforts though, and if you do decide to go this route, I will be watching with great interest.

Thanks Miki.
I will message you once I get this all together.
I still do not understand how the OS can make it own screenshots or how to mirror to a pc.
Much to follow in the coming days.
Thanks again Miki-

1 Like

I have done more research and found these to be the most interesting links.
Due to the fact that the Dev Mgr is a HomeBrew solution… I am going to hold off for a bit. I remember the experience of Homebrew and Nintendo Wii. Good overall…but not worth the risk of bricking a brand new LG TV.

KODI on WebOS Official Forum (many issues to be resolved)

A very new Kodi WebOS site. (try it at your own risk)

That’s a good idea. Please keep me informed as there are many that would like to know how you make out. Have a wonderful day.