Kodi crashed for the 2nd time

I had installed Kodi with Seren and Crew add on a few months ago. I was watching Crew and it crashed. I had to uninstall as all I get is a black screen when I start Kodi. I reinstalled with only Seren add on this time. It’s been working well until today when it crashed in the middle of a TV show. I am getting the black screen again. It’s on a firestick with a Sony 3D tv

Not sure what the problem might be but lately mine has been having issues. I set up my Kodi with only the Crew and it worked great. But the past week or so once I started watching within a few minutes it would just lock up and freeze. After making a big deal on how well Kodi had been working it failing me. Hopefully just a glitch

1 Like

@aly_a13

Just a heads up kodi only works on 60 hertz refresh rate. If the TV is any higher it won’t work and you will get black screen.

How do I find the refresh rate? I had no idea about this so thank you for the information

Never have changed any setting on my V so I don’t think this is the problem. What I’m suddenly getting is freezing and bufferring. Everything worked great until a few weeks ago

@aly_a13

My comment was related to black screens. Typically the device or TV auto detects refresh rate.

I wouldn’t worry about that it was something I saw on the fourms about black screen. If you are on a fire stick kodi seems to lag a bit, I think it’s do to ram issues. Kodi is a performance hog.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.