Kodi Builds: I'm Curious

I’m just curious. I’m really not trying to be a jerk. What is the draw for most people to use builds?

I personally have never had to use anything other than stock Kodi with The Crew add-on and real-debrid. I don’t think I’ve ever run into an issue finding the movie or show I’m looking for. I do use partymode to automatically launch the crew when Kodi starts. And within the crew I disabled all the menu items except for movies, shows, tools, and search.

Is there a need for the multiple add-ons that builds provide?
Do people use builds for IPTV?
Is it just because the skins look cool?
Is it because installing a build is easier/faster than installing individual add-ons?

I’m interested in hearing the feedback. Maybe there’s something I’ve been missing all this time.

I look forward to seeing the responses you get, because I’ve wondered the same thing Jayhawks659.
Have a great day.
J

I also stopped using builds. I did for a few years when I first cord cut, but as I got more experienced with Kodi, I stopped using them. I used them at first because I thought it was easier to just install a build and have a bunch of addons all in one place. Once I realized how much free space they take up, got more experienced with Kodi, and saw that I only used a couple addons exclusively within the build, I decided to just install the addons I used. I think it is easier to maintain them and I do not have to rely on build developers to keep up with their build. Just my two cents.

1 Like

I get the idea behind builds but i agree with you.

I don’t see the need when you can just install a few addons and use less resources.

I think people enjoy just having a custom setup on there kodi but it’s a unnecessary resource hogg in my opinion.

So I can only speak for myself on this, so take it for what it’s worth.
I for the longest time strictly used individual APK’s and an IPTV service. I recently switched to a build because I got tired of IPTV services getting shut down and having to search for another. I like that the build I use has all the APK’s that I loaded individually already installed and it is regularly updated. I really don’t have trouble finding what I want to watch, whether live TV or TV shows or movies as there are plenty of add-ons to find it. I do used real-debrid so buffering isn’t an issue and I have my streaming device hardwired directly so streaming for me isn’t an issue. As far as the skin and look of the build, it’s cool, but, I don’t use it strictly for that reason. It’s that it has everything I want all in one place without individually loading it. Nothing more. I will say, if there is a drawback is that the build are large and consume a big chunk of memory, but I rountinely monitor and disable anything that I don’t need. So I find it a pretty good experience.

3 Likes

i like the zenon build it has everything you could want i like the networks section makesit easy to find some shows i use the verison that requires real debrid and it works great i am using the fire cube and storage has never been an issue little by little i am replacing my firesticks with the cube

Do you mean for browsing new shows you’ve never seen, or for searching shows you’ve already started?

either or works for me

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.