Kodi app opening

Is anyone else having trouble with Kodi opening on their Firestick?

Usually means something is corrupted. Best to periodically make backups of Kodi. You may have to uninstall and then configure everything again.

1 Like

Hey @Jayhawks659
How do you backup your Kodi periodically?
Do you X-Plore file manager or another add-on?
Just curious.
Thanks

I didn’t know you could back up Kodi. I don’t know what ‘Do you X-Plore file manager or another add-on?’ means. I’m firestick illiterate! :frowning:

@lweiss206

Kodi is a big program with lots of stuff. If you are new watch the troypoint videos for guides. I strongly encourage guides.

Kodi mega guide.

2 Likes

Go right in the Kodi repository and find the backup add-on. I think it’s under services.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it.

1 Like

I checked the Kodi guides and don’t see this topic covered.
Every time we turn on Kodi we have to clear the cache or it doesn’t open. Even in the same watching session when we go out to the home page on Fire Stick and want to go back in to Kodi we have to clear the cache.
Any ideas?

@dianesalz

It’s covered and has been talked about. I believe your space is low or kodi is using up your resources. I would clean some space out or uninstall the whole thing and reinstall. That typically means you dont have enough space to run it.

1 Like

I apologize, I didn’t know it was covered and talked about. I guess I don’t know how to use the Insider. How do I clean some space out?

@dianesalz

Oh im not making fun of you or insutling you or belitting you, its a learning curve. Its okay.

I always encourage the search. But im going to post mega topic for you, i hope it helps.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

1 Like

Before Kodi, I used the free Cinema app that was easy to use (at least for me). I there another recommended app to watch movies and tv that is not as complicated as Kodi? I am still going to uninstall and reinstall Kodi and hope it works.

It’s no secret I consider Stremio to be the absolute best at this time, however Troy has tons’ of articles in which he has great suggestions.

I have read on this forum, others use TeaTV and Film+, but I agree with @Miki, Stremio is hard to beat.

I downloaded Stremio and Tea TV…much easier for me that Kodi. Thanks all for your help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.