Kodi and the Crew addon

Actually my issue started with Kodi 19.4 on one TV and Kodi 19.5 on the other. That’s why I upgraded, only to find that the issue continued with Kodi 20. What I did was after trying clearing cache, force stop, restarting the firestick, I unplugged the firestick from the outlet and the TV for a few hours. I plugged it back in and now it’s fine on one TV everything is working. However nothing improved on my other TV. Go figure :smirk:

Got everything loaded and working. However the problem I was having that led me to update KODI (to 19.5) is still happening. A TV show will start playing and suddenly it freezes, goes to a blank screen and drops me back to the page of links. I’ve seen others here that are having the same problem. Is there a fix? Also, I’m using NordVPN and Real-Debrid.

From the threads in this section that are having the same issue, the freezing started just a few days ago (as did mine). What changes may have occurred over the weekend?

Just watched a show on the crew using troypoint 19.5 fork, everything worked fine here. Expressvpn & real-debrid on Z11 pro max.

Really hard to be subjective with everyone’s freezing and issues as im not having one issue at all with kodi or any apk with RD. This tells me it could be internet issue or your device that you are using is bogged down. Remember to maintain your android/firestick… if you dont stuff like this happens.

Clear your cache, clear data if needed and occasionally restart your modem and device.

I’ve done all that and have almost 2 gigs of storage available on my Firestick. Very strange that so many of us would start having the same problem at the same time, when we had absolutely no problems before. I cannot even use KODI right now,because all movies and TV shows stop after just a few minutes.

I just isolated the problem and it is with NordVPN. I watched a show without turning NordVPN on, and it streamed flawlessly. I’m working with NordVPN on a fix. I will let you know if the fix is successful.

2 Likes

Definitely let us know, I also use NordVPN. I have the same issues as you.

You guys on the most recent stable version of Nexus or are you running the beta?

Just saw this posted on Discord:

“If you are using NordVPN and have issues of channels freezing after a few minutes of watching, please change protocol to TCP to fix it. Seems NordVPN has an issue atm and they working for a fix.”

3 Likes

Having trouble playingthe Crew IPTV on Kodi. I tried 19.5 & 20. Same problem . I’ve done all you listed: cleared caches, unplugged, uninstalled Kodi and The Crew multiple times. Any suggestions?

Welcome! If you use the search function you will see that this topic has been brought up 12,561,999 times. Kidding of course! But the reality is KODI is Awesome for VOD Movies/Shows (My got to with RD + Trakt TV) you are just not going to get it to work with any consistency or level you will be happy for IPTV. The fact is that the developers of these Addons are hobbyists not paid and sometimes for a myriad of reasons they just stop maintaining the Live streams. for Live Tv/sports look into getting a paid sub with an IPTV provider.

3 Likes

I just went into Nord on my TV and I went through all the options and I don’t see where I can change the protocol to TCP. How would I do it?

Someone had posted this picture as well. I’m not sure exactly how to get you there, I don’t have Nord.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, appreciate the quick response. I just figured it out. You have to click on Settings - then - recommended now selected… to change the protocol.

3 Likes

It WORKED!!!.. Props to AMD237

4 Likes