Kodi and the Crew addon

I have an Amazon fire stick (new) and about 10 feet from the router.
I get just over 300 mbps. Real Debrid is up to date and I just re-authorized my account after clearing all of the devices out. I always use my Nord vpn. The issue is I click on one of the RD links, the show plays for about 5 minutes then freezes it shows 100 in a circle then goes back to all the RD links where I started. I have Kodi with Crew as the only add on. I uninstalled Kodi 19.5 and upgraded to 20 Nexxus and re-installed the Crew. I have the same issue. I have gone through this with 2 different TV’s. Any solution would be appreciated.

1 Like

It sounds like you have done everything correctly. The only part that could be an issue to me after reading what you typed is the Firestick with Kodi. However, you did say it was a very minimal Kodi build with only one addon, so I would think that should be okay to run even on a Firestick. Do you have another device in the house that you can run this setup on to see if it acts differently and wont freeze? The only other thing that comes to mind right away is to just stay on top of force stopping unused apps, clearing cache in all apps, etc, just to make sure nothing else can be the cause of bogging down when streaming.

2 Likes

That’s for the response AMD237. My other TV is set up the exact same way and I have the same issue which only started about 2 days ago. I’ve cleared the cache out multiple times on all the apps on both TV’s. I did the force stop on the vpn and kodi. At this point I guess I’ll have to wait and see if it will self correct. If you come up with any ideas please let me know. Thanks for the advice.

Try using seren with RD.

1 Like

Play cached torrents only

1 Like

Not really a fan of Seren

3 Likes

I don’t know what the process is for playing cached torrents. Maybe you can share those steps?

What is it about Seren that you don’t like? I’m not a huge fan of too many Kodi add-ons, but Seren is great. (once setup properly)

1 Like

It’s not just you Magman. I’ve been having those issues for the past few days as well and chalked it up to the new Kodi 20. As others suggested in this thread, I also have Seren add on as well and tend to jump between both. What I’ve down with the Crew since this issue started is clear the cache, force stop and back out and continue with with a few streams until I find it works. Has to be some sort of glitch I would think w/Kodi 20 as I never had this issue prior.

My experience with Seren was great for a good while. Then I started getting playback error, check logs…even after deleting & reinstalling. So I moved on. There are too many other addons that work just as well without the hassle of installing orion or a4kscrappers.

My current favorite is Fen. I also like Artimus.

3 Likes

If you don’t install the Scrapers and RD in Seren, it doesn’t work. So that could be your issue with it. Regardless, I am not a heavy Kodi user like a lot of you, I’ll trust your judgement on quality of addons. For movies, Seren with RD/Orion/a4kScrapers, is my personal favorite from Kodi. Powerful app, love the UI too.

2 Likes

You’re correctthat Seren needs 3rd party scrapers…and yes I used a4k and seren worked well for me until it didn’t.

Gotcha, I thought you said it was too much hassle to install them. Anywho, as you said, there are lots of decent addons to use. No sense fighting something just move to the next that works for you. I was just telling my opinion of and my experience with Seren.

2 Likes
1 Like

The exact same thing has happened to me, and it started just last Sunday. I was still running KODI 17.6, so I have updated to newer versions of KODI on my Firestick (tried both 19.5 and now 20) to see if the problem was due to my older version. But now when I tried to load Seren Package or The Crew, I get error messages saying that they are not compatible with either version of KODI. What the heck is going on? Has anyone else had this problem?

Uninstall everything… reinatall 19.4 or 5 reinstall the crew, watch the tutorials and follow them correctly. They work.

1 Like

Never had the inkling to use Seren. Why bother messing with 3rd party scrapers when there are other addons that just work. Anyway, if you are having problems with The Crew on Nexus (I’m not) I suggest trying 9Lives. It is also working perfectly with KODI 20

The crew and such all use scrappers its no different. Seren just has a different one built in and allows you to install others. Its a good feature and seren scrapper works very well, i like it more than those addons and the crew. And combined with orion its the fastest scrapper for kodi.

The people who have issues with it are not setting it up properly. Now a days everyone wants plug n play just like the paid apps but it doesnt work like that.

Has anyone ever tried to install a different scraper(s) on Seren, or is a4kScrapers the best and dont need anything else? Like you mentioned, it works so well in combination with Orion.

Finding shows that I like. After searching on Seren and not finding stuff I go elsewhere and find what I’m looking for.