Kodi ad-ons not installing

When I try to add an app to kodi, I get the message “unable to connect” Couldn’t retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?

How do I fix this so I can add apps to Kodi?

1 Like

Hi @bob06905
Welcome to the community
What device are you using and what add-on are you wanting to install?

I am using a Fire Cube, and I get the same message with any add ons to the cube

@bob06905
Did you ensure unknown sources was ticked to active?
Also check the url’s are typed in correctly.

1 Like

I have tried several add-ons and get the same message for all of them, they are typed correctly. I will double-check that unknown sources were activated.

1 Like

Install unknown apps is checked off in the settings for the fire tv cube

1 Like

Hi @bob06905
So on my Fire Cube, once I installed an add-on, I had to go and tick on unknown sources for each add-on. I believe this is due to Fire OS v.7 that comes with the Cube.

1 Like

Just throwing this out, is unknown sources turned on in both locations , cube and kodi??

2 Likes

I just factory reset my fire cube to factory settings and I still get the message. Unable to connect
"Couldn’t retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?
Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

How do I tick on unknown sourses after the addon is installed?

Hi @bob06905
Here you go:
Settings > My Fire TV” > Developer options > Apps from Unknown Sources and > Turn On
Do this for each app you download and install.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’m having this similar issue with the Firestick. I realized my Kodi Xenon build had disappeared randomly (not sure when it happened). I don’t remember if I tried updating to Kodi 20.1 or not. I recently uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled Kodi 19.5. But every time I go to download any build, it gives me this same “Unable to Connect to Directory” error. Any advice? Maybe resetting the Firestick back to factory settings?

Figured it out. The link to installing the Xenon Kodi build is from January which has the incorrect installation link. Use the link stated on the May 2023 Troypoint top builds.

1 Like