Kodi 19.4 vs 20.2?

I am still using Kodi 19.4. I only stream. It works. However, if the latest versions offer advantages and meaningful improvements I want in.

I am hesitant to upgrade because of one or two upgrade disappointments in the past.

Which version (if any) do you think I would be good with?

Most of the good working Addons (The Crew, 9Lives) are optimized for 19 and 20. At some point you will want to upgrade to Nexus as time goes by the Dev’s will spend less time keeping Addons updated for 19. If the Addons you are using are working fine on 19.4 no need to upgrade. I’m on 20.2

I am thinking to upgrade to Kodi 20, but Troypoint Rapid Installer only lists Kodi 20 Nexus Alpha 2 Release (as unstable). Do you think that is a good upgrade?

1 Like

It has now been released as stable. 20.2

Not sure (again) if this is the right spot…

I downloaded the new Kodi Seren only on my 4k stick. I picked a new movie and it picked the link for me…in Russian. I closed and reopened and it still did not give me a choice of feeds went straight to XBET🙄

I then tried it on old version of Cinema and got pretty much the same thing. All were RD links

Is this normal?

If it went to XBET, then from my perspective the movie is too new. I also had that happen and it was only russian links. Just asking you set it up all the way right?? Scrapers etc

2 Likes

Yes I’m set up with all that….first this I check

But yes you are correct about it being new movies.
Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Your welcome, I got two on hold waiting to watch

1 Like

You probably have it set to " automatically play best quality link"

Same questions over and over again. If you want to change your default language settings for ALL video playback in Kodi, watch the video.

1 Like

If you’re referring to me. I did that when I watched your video months ago. I’ll say this again, I’ve had weird issues since kodi 20.