KD3 firestick can't do a factory reset

My son deleted wolf before putting the stock launcher back and now I have a black screen. On my brand new KD3. It’s only the 2nd day

@NealAndrews

Yes, it’s a shame you couldn’t even enjoy it.
If you still have warranty you can ask for a refund or contact support for a solution.
Mecool Support

Ok if you have other questions related to this post just post them we will be glad to help.

If you have other questions not related to this topic you can search for it on top of the page if you didn’t find an answer just created new topic we will also be glad to help :+1:

Hey @NealAndrews @mike45 Just noticed y’all should have the remote with a Settings shortcut button…top right area with a gear emblem. As long as you can get into setting you can get back your home screen. If you press the settings button…go into apps/system apps…just scroll down, you’ll see android apps…then just re-install the Android TV Home system app.That should give you your stock home screen back. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Yeah it didn’t work for me. No matter what I tried. I even tried the old android trick power, home and volume up all at the same time. But I did send mecool a message about this. Hopefully they get back to me

Could you get into settings?

Reason I know it can work is cause I just remembered I did the same thing last year on my KM6 while messing with launchers & such :roll_eyes:…here’s the thread.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.