KD3 firestick can't do a factory reset

@mike45

Yeah many users experiencing problem with kd3 device this due factory fault if you still have the warranty returned back for refund. Otherwise you can contact there support as mentioned above.
But if you like new challenge try to reinstall the software, and give it try again or contact there support link above.

Itā€™s a KD3 stick Mr. Matrix.

thanks for the help Iā€™ll give them a try

@Miki

Hi yes correct but. It is useful to update KD3.

Ok ya lost me Matrix. KM3 updates wonā€™t work on a KD3 stick that Iā€™m aware of.

@Miki

Got me. I was reading other posts about km3 this should be KD3šŸ™

This kd3 device is a p in the a. If you search in topics there are more kd3 issues. Factory reset is possible just needs more technical knowledge.

@Miki

Hi again as I mentioned earlier it needs technical knowledge to do that.

First you need to attach it to the computer and software to read android devices.
To do that you need HDMI converters can do the following tasks.
Convert USB to HDMI, HDMI to VGA, VGA to HDMI, DVI to HDMI, Composite to HDMI.

This method will allow you to attach KD3 Fire Stick to your computer. Also you need an adapter to complete this process, and software to access the firestick.

Then download the software includes android version and run them in to kd3 firestick.

This process needs technical knowledge to succeed and itā€™s not an easy task to do.

@Miki

Yes Miki indeed it was a typo it should be KD3 instead of KM3. Sorry again for this confusion.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Itā€™s my second day with mine and my son just did the same thing.

@NealAndrews

Hi, welcome to the platform
Did what the same :question:

Lol.Absolutely no problem Mr. Matrix. Mistakes happen.

@Miki

Thanks Miki for the understanding.:+1:

Hi all.
I did mentioned KM3 in my earlier posts but it should be KD3 instead.
I changed this in all my posts to the correct KD3.

Thanks for @Miki he drew my attention.
Again sorry for this confusion :pray:

1 Like

My son deleted wolf before putting the stock launcher back and now I have a black screen. On my brand new KD3. Itā€™s only the 2nd day

@NealAndrews

Yes, itā€™s a shame you couldnā€™t even enjoy it.
If you still have warranty you can ask for a refund or contact support for a solution.
Mecool Support

Ok if you have other questions related to this post just post them we will be glad to help.

If you have other questions not related to this topic you can search for it on top of the page if you didnā€™t find an answer just created new topic we will also be glad to help :+1:

Hey @NealAndrews @mike45 Just noticed yā€™all should have the remote with a Settings shortcut buttonā€¦top right area with a gear emblem. As long as you can get into setting you can get back your home screen. If you press the settings buttonā€¦go into apps/system appsā€¦just scroll down, youā€™ll see android appsā€¦then just re-install the Android TV Home system app.That should give you your stock home screen back. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Yeah it didnā€™t work for me. No matter what I tried. I even tried the old android trick power, home and volume up all at the same time. But I did send mecool a message about this. Hopefully they get back to me

Could you get into settings?

Reason I know it can work is cause I just remembered I did the same thing last year on my KM6 while messing with launchers & such :roll_eyes:ā€¦hereā€™s the thread.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.