itvX program installs but difficult to load and start working

Hi, thanks for replying. I started to do that on Amazon account (changing countries) but I got a message saying that my Ring account (my door video camera) would be cancelled if I switched countries, so I had to back off on that and leave it on USA. I do have other UK apps installed which work fine as I have servers installed on my router which shows UK residence. I cannot for whatever reason get this ITVX app to work, I had ITV hub for years and it worked fine until they switched to ITVX.

You should be able to use your ring camera even with a VPN set to another country by white listing it in your vpn app and tunneling it to bypass the VPN. Not all apps HAVE to go through a VPN. Split tunnel apps to bypass it.

You could setup free amazon account just for your firestick and use that to configure it.
Friendā€™s firestick, we did that as he didnā€™t want it linked to their main amazon account with billing / payment accounts.

With everyones input regarding ITVX, I found a video on you tube that showed how to change regional/country settings on a Samsung Smart TV which I just did, and changed my settings to the UK and now all of the UK apps are there and working after installing. I can now switch between my firestick and TV inputs to watch everything. Thanks for everyones input which helped me a lot.

Could you post the YouTube link you found. It might be helpful for others.

1 Like

Sure, here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPlan7lVzc&list=WL&index=54&t=197s There is a special code/setting to get into the menu for country lists which I had not previously been able to find, once I changed to UK settings all of the UK apps popped up ready to install. Itā€™s an old video but it works. My TV is a two year old Samsung Smart TV which I have hooked up to wifi and also my firestick to a mesh (eero) router, I get good speeds and a good connection.

After a day or so of running the the UK apps which I now have on my Samsung TV after changing country/region setting to UK. They are a little laggy, after reading up on a UK website it seems itā€™s a problem even in the the UK. The problem is you are streaming directly from their servers which a lot of them are using old technology, this is a quote from their web site, " ITVX and other apps are quite slow on Stream and Glass too, again due to being server-based, so if you want the fastest app experience then youā€™re better off using a dedicated streaming device such as a Firestick, Apple TV box, Roku or NVidia Shield." Now the ideal thing is if I could figure a way out to move those apps from my TV to my firestick, Iā€™m not sure if X-plore app would work on this.

Assuming your tv and Firestick are on the same network the LocalSend app shoukd work

Regarding changing my country code on my tv to the UK to get their apps, I found I get a more stable connection hooking up my TV to the internet. My firestick is still wifi using 5ghz on my Eero mesh router, if I connect my firestick to internet my router switches to 2.4 ghz and I get slower speeds. I just leave that set to wifi only. I have to switch inputs to my TV to be able to watch UK channels, then I just swich back to my firestick for US based TV.

Try catchuptvandmore addon on kodi, it is available through the kodi repo.
Go to catchup tv>uk>stv for itvx. It also has channel 4, 5 etc.

Bonus it has no ads.

Hello Anth, yes, I just discovered that app (Catch On TV)and have it installed on my firestick. Thanks

Morning @Gumboil,

Morning All,

Iā€™m in the US and trying to register my account, but I am not receiving the needed email to verify account. I have checked spam folder as well. IPvanish VPN is set to London on firestick and android phone. I am accessing site usinng the URL www.itvx.com. The email account used is an US email account. Could this be the problem?

Would you possibly know of a workaround? Donā€™t want to have to try to get an UK email account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MsLea

The email shouldnā€™t matter, but you do have to register with a UK address and postal code you do that on line when you sign up.

Hi @Raknam,

Unfortunately, signup now requires you to verify account by a link that is emailed. I never received the email ( used US email address) required to complete account signup. I used a London postal code.

Thanks for responding

I had to give up on getting the ITVX app installed , I did manage but it never worked right, too many issues. I did find a way though, if you have a Smart TV there is a video on You Tube which shows how to change your country settings on your tv from USA to UK, I did that and now all of my local channels that come are all from the UK without any kind of registering as my TV appears to be located in the UK. Here is the app/ video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPlan7lVzc&list=WL&index=55&t=197s

Try cacthuptvandmore in kodi if ya use kodi. Its in the offical kodi repository.
Open the addon go to catchup tv>uk>stv
That has all itvx programs, you may need a vpn set to uk if you are not in uk.

Hi @Anth?

Thank you do much for responding. But, I donā€™t use Kodi. I have been meaning to take the time to install and figure it out. Kodi install, setup and maintenance is a bit much for me. I just use a couple standalone apps and an IPTV for live streaming.

Once again thanks

1 Like