Issues with Oath on Kodi

I went into Oath and into My TV Shows and it won’t go any further than that. Just tried to pull up my collection in Oath and it acts like it is going to go through but it comes back to the screen I was on. Same if I click history or episodes. I have never had this problem and any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Pawsrancher
So I’m wondering with the latest update to Kodi, if this might not be the culprit, especially if Oath isn’t compatible yet to the latest Kodi version.
Might try go into manage application > Oath > force stop > clear cache
Then click on your app again and see if that doesn’t help.

1 Like

I appreciate the suggestion but I did that and it didn’t fix the issue. I have been running Kodi 19.1 and Oath for several months and never had a problem. I have no idea what the issue could be, it was fine last night.

@Pawsrancher

Are you trying to access your saved collection on the oath? Saved from recently viewed, favorites or trakt? my tv shows collects from trakt account.

Yes, from trakt. I used to use trakt on cinema before it quit working all of a sudden and I loaded Kodi again. I hadn’t used Kodi for a couple of years but have been using it with Oath for at least 6 months and haven’t had any issues with the trakt sync

@Pawsrancher

Is it sycned to the oath properly? Maybe the oath didnt sync up with your trakted account properly, Are you trying ot merge it from your cinema account? Have you tried logging into trakt website and going into your settings there? Or going into your account settings in the oath and re authorizing the account?

2 Likes

Yes, it is synced properly. I have been using it this way for over 6 months with zero issues. When Kodi starts it shows that Oath is syncing trakt and doesn’t show it having any issues do that. It worked fine yesterday and every day I have used it for all of these months and today it doesn’t.

@Pawsrancher

Try uninstalling kodi and going to there stable version of 19.3, install the oath and resync your account on 19.3. It’s strange it’s almost like it just un synced its self. Try re authorizing it.

1 Like

I just backed out of My TV Shows and tried going to New Episodes and it did the same thing but when I clicked Channels, it went through. And it went through on New Movies but not New Episodes. Not making any sense to me why some buttons don’t go through when others do.

1 Like

It doesn’t even seem to be about syncing trakt because it didnt work on the general page for New Episodes. But worked for New Movies.

1 Like

Hi @Pawsrancher
Kinda think like @TP-Dracoo maybe uninstall and reinstall Kodi then reinstall Oath and resync and see if that won’t solve your problem.

1 Like

@Pawsrancher

I’m currently on oath right now and can search anything. (i dont have trakt on it) But everything is running. I suggest to use 19.3 stable and reinstall oath.

Thanks, I guess I will have to do that, I was just hoping to avoid going through all of that hassle. By the time I do all of that, I will have to go back to work and won’t have time to watch anything any way. I appreciate your suggestions!

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. I will give that a try when I have some time.

2 Likes

@Pawsrancher

I apologize but after all this time of it working than doing that, i think its linked to the updates pushed. addons and to update to it as well, its possible something is broken. im not trying to make it a hassle, i just want to see you up and running and enjoying kodi. Report back after you done so and i hope you have a good shift at work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please don’t apologize at all! I really appreciate the help. I work about 16 -18 hours a day, I wish it was only a shift😂. I have done some of the current updates but nothing all bc I was trying to have all of the dependencies eat up space on the firestick since Amazon keeps adding things on to it that are useless. But maybe I will just let it update everything and see if that does the trick before I start over. Thanks again!

3 Likes

I decided to go ahead and let Kodi update everything it wanted to update and that seems to have fixed the issue for now. When I have some time I will upgrade Kodi to the newer version. Thank you Both for your help, it is truly appreciated!

3 Likes