Issue with RedBox TV

Hi.

I’m having an issue with RedBox TV, and wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I’ve downloaded and installed it of course, and i set up my “Favorites” with channels for USA, Canada and the UK, also sports and science channels. However, the only channels that I am able to view, are those of the USA and UK. None of the Canadian, Sports, or Science will play. I’ve also tried playing channels from Australia, Germany, Italy, and Turkey. Some of their channels work but most don’t.

I’m using Nordvpn set to a US site, and I’ve tried several different video players such as MX Player, which I receive a “Cannot play link” message, VLC from which I receive some type of location (screenshot available), XYZ player, etc., but nothing works for the Canadian channels, or others as I mentioned.

I’m hoping that someone can shed some light on this issue, and possibly guide me through what I can do to fix it.

Any assistance would and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers :beers:

Mark

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Redbox app you get from the play Store.

As i recall when I downloaded that apk. It basically was a web stream type of thang. I uninstalled it because of all the issues it had.

You can do a search and find the thread where RedBox stuff was discussed

Thanks very much. Yes it does have a lot of problems and it seems to be impossible to reach them, even though they have a place in their website to send a message, a a “Contact Us” email address. Tried both, and Nothing.

Thanks again anyway.

Here’s a post I did on this several weeks ago.

Thanks very much. I’ll give that a try. Do you think that might work with Downloder too??

It should. I know a lot of people used it. I’m not a big fan of Downloader and really don’t use it all that much.

I use TVBro mostly, but have used Chrome, Silk, Firefox, etc…

:+1::+1: Thanks

I have V2.5 . Just tried CA . None of those channels in that country work right now .

Here’s a little info Red box users might want to see!

1 Like

So it’s an advert for Nord

It wasn’t the advert I was trying to point out but maybe you missed it.

Oooooooops OK sorry

8. PAWNS SDK

Based on your consent, the company shares your internet traffic with third-party IPRoyal Services FZE LLC operating Pawns.app. You can follow the links to read the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy of Pawns.app.

Cut and pasted from the RedboxTV site t’s and c’s page. Do the virus alert warnings have anything to do with the fact they are sharing your info with this pawns.app
It looks like it some sort of money moving app. ???

I’m not sure but it’s possible :face_with_monocle:

You are always going to get infections with moded apps .