Is Temu Legit & How Do They Make Money?

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/is-temu-legit/

If you’ve been inundated with advertisements from a platform called Temu (pronounced tee-moo) while browsing online, you might be curious about its purpose. It means Team Up, Price, Down. Temu is a digital marketplace owned by a Chinese company, and it has gained significant popularity on the internet in the last year. Statista reports that…

3 Likes

I for one see your Temu review as 100% accurate and I look forward to reviews of their products which as you stated most electronics come from china whether you purchase it from a US based company with their mark up price or save some money buying more direct if you don’t mind waiting maybe an additional week to receive product.
I have purchased several items from Temu in the past year with both good quality and good price.

3 Likes

Troypoint Temu review is good. I’ve also had great success with the products that I’ve ordered. My Apple watch cracked so I rolled the dice on a $20 smartwatch on their site and I am floored at how well it works. As Troy says in his review there is definitely some cheap crap on there but all of the electronics that I’ve ordered are good. Looking forward to seeing your Temu laptop review/tutorial.

1 Like

I got T95Z Plus from Temu after Troy did video and I love it. I got the 128GB model and record with TiviMate and it’s flawless. No need for expanding storage with USB which is always hit and miss. Tons of storage and easy nav once launcher is installed per video.

2 Likes

not to be a stickler for details or anything…but it’s actually pronounced teh moo at least according to the advertisements.I always thought it was tee moo until I saw those ads.

My daughter purchases stuff from temu all the time,she was an early adopter I guess you could say.She told me to try it but I was pretty skeptical at the time.If you aren’t in a rush for something and the price is low enough temu seems to be pretty decent.

Good to hear you like the new T95Z Plus and it’s still a solid box. I have 2 six year old T95Z Plus boxes still going strong. Never shut them off, never clean them, plenty of storage. They just do the job. Still haven’t found the Malware or the Boogeymen or Chinese Spies that some claim are in these boxes :rofl:

1 Like

How much are the Chinese Paying you Troy? Will you be reviewing the latest Chinese Balloon crossing the US too?

2 Likes

I have purchased items several times over the past 6 months from Temu. Yes I questioned the whole will I receive it etc. I always have. MANY of the companies start out with GREAT prices and after a year or 2 raise them. So what, It is just like Troy stated, we get most ALL our products from China.Why pay more when you don’t have too, For now this site is GREAT !!! Happy Shopping!!!
Joel

Have you tried installing KODI on it and run it?

I’ve been using Temu for about a year. The majority of their stuff is good and if you are not happy with your order they’ll either take it back or give you credit and/or credit back to your credit card. I have to agree, if you can think of it, they probably have it. I have no real concerns.

1 Like

I heard Amazon issued a take down order for that balloon.

I’ve been ordering from Temu since July of last year. I’ve bought everything from cat beds, toys, clothes, shoes, kids clothes, kids toys, kitchen gadgets, two tablets, storage devices, home decor, jewelry, beauty products etc…I decked my house out for Christmas with every decoration inside and out from Temu minus the Christmas tree. It looked like a Christmas winter wonderland in my house, and it was cheap to do so. Everything was good quality as well. Lately my obsession is buying Moissanite jewelry from there. Buying those here in the states can be hundreds of dollars to thousands. Moissanite will test as a real diamond. I was skeptical that a $20 Moissanite ring from Temu would test as a real diamond but they do test real. I’m talking a $20 5 carat ring that would cost in the thousands here testing real. I’ve never had an issue with delivery. In fact, there were many times that my packages were delivered on the day of the window they state is the latest it will be delivered and they still gave me a $5 credit and it’s automatic. I’ve had a lot of hits and very few misses from them. Anytime I did not like an item I bought or it was damaged I got a full refund without even having to send it back. You can get it in seconds as a credit or you can get it refunded to your original form of payment which takes a couple of days. My only issue with them is that their packing for shipping is terrible. They throw everything in a thin shipping bag. It doesn’t matter what it is. They stuff as much as they can in that bag. The items I’ve had damaged because of that has been old vintage tin signs that were bent but I did get a refund. There have been items that came in nicely packaged boxes but for the most part everything is stuffed in those bags. That’s how they can do free shipping.

2 Likes

Help me out please. Heard that Temu is actually run by the Chinese Government and uses all login for spying, etc!

1 Like

Read Troy’s honest review at the top of this thread.

2 Likes

WOW! :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve had no issues with Temu; have purchased mostly grooming items like shavers, faders, wallets as well as the T95Z Plus box, no issues with that. You can go as cheap as you want in there. They are also supper aggressive on their discounts and offers.
At one time I received a $13 credit for a delivery delay. I have not purchased any electronic items as of yet, will await Troy’s review on that laptop.
Their products offering is extremely large and can be time consuming as one can get addicted real quick by pushing buttons to see quick views.

Purchased items from temu got a few bad apples but did get a few good items…however how the heck does temu put its advertising especially items I purchased as ads on card games I play on my IPad…?not to mention the onslaught of ads sent to my email

1 Like

My first order from them was in January 2023, and I’ve been buying from them since. I’ve bought items that I wouldn’t buy in a store or would have to save up to buy bc of the price being too high. I actually compare prices for the same items on Amazon and temu now. I have contacted customer service and they were helpful. I’ve also returned items. Keep in mind you can return as many items as you want for free as long as you do it in your two free returns. Something I noticed in the TROYPOINT article is that the minimum purchase is $15 now. Regardless it’s still worth it to get thru temu and if the price drops after you’ve purchased an item you can do a price adjustment every time for 30 days and it will be credited to your Temu account.

3 Likes

2 Likes