Is NVIDIA Shield still the best?

Tico, great question. We will use the box for streaming TV shows and movies. We like apps like Smarters and Weyd. TV is an 83” LG OLED 4K. Receiver is Denon AVR S760H 7.2ch 8K. Surround is 5.1. Signal is HDMI via high end HDMI balun. Internet is 1GB fiber.

Not thinking about budget for the box.

1 Like

imho the best budget device would be a mecool km6 for loaded or km2 for certified device.

Could always build your own custom box. I know @TXRon and I were talking about that in another thread previously. I would love to do that, but I don’t really NEED it lol. And we just had another baby so my wife may not be too happy…

Tell your wife your getting a new box for the baby :joy:

1 Like

strange that it rattles, mine feels like a well crafted triangular rock. Solid, heavier than most and only thing missing that I like is a air mouse pointer.

6 Likes

Ya I often thought it may have been dropped before I got it. I use the mini keyboard more often. But it works as a backup.

1 Like

I have another cheap knockoff clone that isnt too well made that sits by my bed, makes me wonder if your remote is an actual shield remote?

Hmmm. Good question.

1 Like

Rattles? Then you got a damaged remote. Contact Nvidia and see if they will send you out a new one.

3 Likes

With my rubber case on it, it is the best remote I have ever owned or used. So solid, works great. A rattle doesn’t sound good, I would reach out and see about getting a new one.

3 Likes

for me? the upscaling can’t be beat,the freakin pix is fantastic on a 75 inch LG and i get lot’s of compliments from friends and relatives when we watch fights and stuff,i bet i’ve gotten more peep’s hooked on the 2019 model than i could imagine,nvidia should give me a reward…lol

3 Likes

This is again, where opinions are relative. :yum:

My shield remote doesn’t rattle, despite the kids dropping it multiple times, left it stuck and plundered in the couch, and tossed around in few cases.

It feels solid and I like the ergonomics in my hand vs the cookie cutter remotes from my Fire devices, MiBox, Mecool, and Onn boxes. I like the heavier weight, the gyro activated back light, the locator, etc.

It does need a few improvements, but I’m very happy with it, given my others. My Harmony remote only challenges it.

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

For me, others, like the Max remote are far better. I dislike the triangle shape. The input dot and navigation ring are to small. Mine feels like a Matell toy.

1 Like

How fat are your fingers though?

Good point. Maybe my skinny digits. lol. tx @Jayhawks659 I needed a good laugh.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Exactly! The lack of a curser arrow control on the remote is a minus.

1 Like

That’s partly why I like the Keyboard. For the touchpad.

3 Likes

Re: Shield Pro users.

Mouse Toggle is what I use, and it works flawlessly. If I need more functionality for a mouse, trackpad, or keyboard and more. Then I will use the Shield TV Remote app I have installed on my phone and tablet.

Let’s face it. Unless you are a constantly experimenting and testing devices, hardware, and software. You really don’t need some Ron Popeil type of gadget to accomplish what most normies do. The apps below are more than sufficient to suit most people’s uses.

Mouse Toggle for Android TV - Apps on Google Play

NVIDIA SHIELD TV - Apps on Google Play

1 Like