Is NVIDIA Shield still the best?

Hands down yes especially for the devices in its price range best $200 streaming device in the world and overall best too.Power and performance and durability is best there is but because of price unless price doesn’t matter to you 4k Google Chromecast or TiVo stream 4k or latest model firestick cube are amazing options behind Nvidia shield

2 Likes

Hi Guys
I contacted shield support and they said to unpair remote and pair it again and if that doesn’t cure it to go to settings–apps–System apps --Bluetooth–open-- clear cache --data–force stop. Restart device and pair remote again. The only issue I had was after I cleared the data the remote stopped working so couldn’t force stop. I unplugged power unit and restarted shield then unpaired the remote and paired it again. Fingers crossed I will keep you informed if it works or not.

1 Like

No hiccups on my 4K Maxx for 35 bucks, just saying.

I tried 4 different Nvidia Shields. All were crap no better than a Firestick 4k Max. I tried 4 of them to use with my Plex server. Not one of them worked and I didn’t get any help from their tech support who couldn’t speak clear English or return promised phone calls.

Oh, my...

I can give those Shields a nice new home if ya wanna get rid of em :slight_smile:

I’d gladly volunteer to aid in that shield recycling project also! :sweat_smile::recycle:

Don’t forget the Onn box from Walmart for $20 USD.Amazing device for $20

3 Likes

Absolutely I love the 4K ONN. Been using it for a few months now and love it. About to retire my 6 year old T95Z boxes

3 Likes

There’s definitely many worse things that you can waste $20 in today’s world.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily say the $20 for a 4k ONN box is considered wasting $20

I was inferring that there are easy EASY ways to blow $20 and not think twice about it - so much more return value doing it on an Onn box.

3 Likes

Here in Canada you can blow $20 for a couple of beers at the bar. But IMHO still more enjoyable than an ONN :rofl:

I get the $20 for a few beers. I agree with that, but I spend wawaaayyyyyy more than that on a few evenings out a week. :joy: But that’s 2 different types of entertainment. Manhattan is expensive enough.

1 Like

A few beers for $20 is more enjoyable than a $200 Shield as well

1 Like

Never said otherwise. Lol. But here it’d be just 2 beers.

1 Like

My $200 shield is less than what I’d pay for taking the family to movie theater twice. The value of the comparison would depend on how good or bad the movie ended up being. :joy:

3 Likes

For sure I have 3 of them

1 Like

We were at Puffys tavern on Hudson yesterday. Spent $110:for an appetizer and beers. Lol. Not including the tip. Wasn’t even drunk, just got to the “yeah, I’m feeling pretty good” stage. When I go to PA, drop $50 and have my sea legs on, then black out. Lmfao

Partying ain’t cheap anymore. These food prices sure have cut into my beer n buddy time.

1 Like